Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Smart bulbs  (Read 4376 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Smart bulbs
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »

I have the same problem Alex, I proof read the preview, post it and then notice the errors and have to edit it.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »

I have the same problem Alex, I proof read the preview, post it and then notice the errors and have to edit it.
Same here, only spot errors after posting despite proof reading first.  ???
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 07:30:49 PM »

Same here, only spot errors after posting despite proof reading first.  ???

Its probably normal, thus why hiring dedicated proof readers was a thing.  I've seen enough mistakes in news articles, especially the BBC who tend to open quote then never close it again.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 11:01:46 PM »

I think its just that your brain knows what you mean/meant to write so you just read it back as you meant to write it, rather than how you did.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 05:08:39 AM »

That's definitely a factor.  I've read what I posted three times before, then realised what I'm reading in my head is not what I wrote.

Especially common is missing three letter words like "the" in the middle of a sentence.  Its a known thing your brain is great at filling in gaps, but its problematic if you're trying to write a coherent sentence.

And I just did another one there, I wrote coherence instead of coherent but I caught it before posting.  ???
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:11:08 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »

Proof reading, I should be better at this, being Ex print trade including pre press. I lost count of how many times I spotted syntax/spelling/etc  :blush: when your on the press it's all you can see.
Any how I digress, back to business.  The TP Link app has two places where you can check the current Time Zone in use, mine was using America/Dawson in the App settings ??? and London/Gmt on the device settings ??? ???
I found this anomaly whilst trying to work out why the on/off times were a bit askew.
The App claims to Automagically pick up the Time zone from the Mobile phone!   I've never been to Dawson!.. Been to Vancouver  :)
The other Smart switch I use 'TCP' their App has only one entry for time zone management.

Forgot to add the time zone setting shown in the app was correct but wrong in the info part ??? ??? so you need to manually select somewhere else to correct the info part.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:07:09 PM by parkdale »
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590
Pages: 1 [2]

anything