Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A faulty dect phone problem  (Read 7640 times)

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
Re: A faulty dect phone problem
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 10:19:03 PM »

Turns out they were C430HX and I already hit a snag.  They work great but they don't seem to have the feature to auto-hangup when you put them back on charge which is tripping up my mum.  She left an incoming call live for 4 hours, just hope she doesn't accidentally do it with an outgoing.
Shouldn't be a problem since about 2015 (?), when exchanges were modified so that calls are cleared by the caller OR the called party hanging up.
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 10:58:28 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem since about 2015 (?), when exchanges were modified so that calls are cleared by the caller OR the called party hanging up.

That's what I thought but it certainly at the very least holds the line open on the base station presumably blocking incoming calls.  I'd have to try calling the landline next time to see if it ACTUALLY holds the line open or not.

I think I figured out the problem though, the base stations are a bit crap so mum with her arthritic hands isn't putting the handset back straight so it doesn't hit the charging contacts thus doesn't hang up.  That's pretty poor, every other DECT handset I've had guide the handset into the dock so you know 100% its docked fully.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2023, 01:26:08 PM »

So mums handset seems worse than the others, its managed to trash a pair of Eneloop Pros.  One of the batteries the foil is even peeling, suggesting its trickle-charging at way too high a current and baked it.

Anyone have a recommendation of a handset that doesn't suck?  I'd be tempted to go for the newer Gigaset using LiIon but honestly I don't trust this company any more, but then I like how I can sync contacts from one handset to another, it would suck to lose that.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2023, 09:53:51 PM »

Yup, battery tester says one of the batteries is down to 43mAh capacity and the other 54mAh, just a slight drop from their rated 930mAh min.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2023, 09:15:05 AM »

The various Panasonics I've had experience of seem to manage the batteries correctly in that they last for years. You can also transfer contacts between handsets quite easily.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2023, 06:57:12 PM »

Yeah I had Panasonic before, the problem is a generic DECT handset wont expose the VoIP specific functionality and strangely its only my mums handset causing major issues.  The reason this is important is usually its her who notices the error message when its lost the SIP connection.

I am considering replacing the whole 3x set + base with Yealink in the future, or in the meantime anyone know of their LiIon based handsets are more reliable and what is the cheapest model?
Pages: 1 2 [3]