Chat > Tech Chat

A faulty dect phone problem

(1/8) > >>

Bowdon:
Does anyone have any experience with dect cordless phones?

I have 6 phones and one base. I think that is the maximum allowed.

One of the phones started to turn itself off after pressing a couple of buttons eg. if I wanted to check the phone book it would appear to lose power and turn off. It'll come back on if I either mess with the batteries a little (the battery level is always showing full), or I put it on one of the charge bases.

I bought a new phone but I can't link that phone in to the network without removing the faulty one.

So I have two questions...

1. If I can keep the power on the faulty phone on long enough, is there a hash code I can use to de-register it? I've watched a couple of videos and some of those codes don't work. I think its because I've only seen American videos about de-registering.

2. If I can't de-register the phone using its own keypad, is there a way I can use one of the other phones to select the faulty phone to de-register it? I know the faulty phone is handset 5.

meritez:
Does the Base Unit have an interface, for the Yealink Dect Units I sell I deregister handsets from the Base Web Interface

tubaman:
Have you tried different batteries in the problem phone, as they may be the issue.
You should be able to deregister it from any handset, but how that's done depends on the model of phone.
 :)

Bowdon:
I managed to figure out how to deregister them using a different handset. I had to select the top right button (the screen option looks like a domino with 6 dots on) then type #131 and it lists all the phones. Then I moved down the list and select the phone to deregister and it said 'Please Wait' and then beeped and the target phone got deregistered.

There as been another update though. Another of the phones ended up dead when I was checking all the phones before I started the deregister process.

I wish I knew what caused it. It's like its some short circuit. When I manage to get it back on it'll stay on until I start pressing the buttons. But they both show full battery power. It seems a shame to throw them out. Maybe it's an age thing as I have had the 2 phones since March 2014.

I was thinking of buying a new set of phones. But its difficult to tell which is the latest set out due to their overcomplicated naming system, and also it is difficult to find out how many phones each phone set allows.

Alex Atkin UK:
My BT handsets have what I'd consider a more annoying issue. They work perfectly but their LCDs have died so I can't ever register them to a new base station and I wanted to move them over to a VoIP enabled unit. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version