Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zyxel XMG3927 possible caused my line banded  (Read 1212 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Zyxel XMG3927 possible caused my line banded
« on: February 02, 2021, 12:42:30 AM »

Hi all,

I haven't been posted lately but I notice internet bit slow as I never check speed test for ages since end of November. I was shocked to see 42Meg - god know how long I been on 42Meg banded?

Seem Plusnet ISP has banded my line at 44.4Mb

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Zyxel XMG3927 possible caused my line banded
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 07:45:59 AM »

@adslmax - firstly very well done for not checking your stats since November. Give yourself a large pat on the back! :thumbs:
It doesn't look like your line is banded as your connection speed is still 80/20 according to your modem. Have you tried some different speed test sites as it may just be a one off issue?
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 08:19:06 AM »

@adslmax what does https://fast.com/ show?

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »

The line isn't banded. The sync speeds and IP profile are correct.

adslmax is on a static WAN IP address so the throughput is restricted by the legacy Plusnet "Current Line Speed" profile which affects users with static IPs. I don't know the details but Static IPs are handled in a different way to other users on the Plusnet back-end network. The Current Line Speed is supposed to track the BT IP profile but sometimes get stuck.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 12:50:25 PM »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 12:52:37 PM »

The line isn't banded. The sync speeds and IP profile are correct.

adslmax is on a static WAN IP address so the throughput is restricted by the legacy Plusnet "Current Line Speed" profile which affects users with static IPs. I don't know the details but Static IPs are handled in a different way to other users on the Plusnet back-end network. The Current Line Speed is supposed to track the BT IP profile but sometimes get stuck.

I have spoken to plusnet but nothing they can do about it. Told me that BTw IP Profile on their system is correct at 77.35 but can't seem find why Plusnet limit my speed.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »

@adslmax - firstly very well done for not checking your stats since November. Give yourself a large pat on the back! :thumbs:
It doesn't look like your line is banded as your connection speed is still 80/20 according to your modem. Have you tried some different speed test sites as it may just be a one off issue?
 :)

Thanks I feel lots better and did enjoyed my time with my daughter play xbox games and walk exercise to fresh up my mind.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 01:19:22 PM »

Max, your second screen shot presumably taken from Plusnet shows your current line speed as 44.4Mbps, which to me suggests it is clearly something on Plusnet's back end systems.

I suggest another phone call and point this out.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 01:22:46 PM »

Just finished chat with plusnet tech support they said it the wrong provisioning speed just changed it to 78Meg now as plusnet put me on wrong provisioning 40/10

getting 74Meg now.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 01:30:38 PM »

Just finished chat with plusnet tech support they said it the wrong provisioning speed just changed it to 78Meg now as plusnet put me on wrong provisioning 40/10

getting 74Meg now.

Good news. I'd advise ignoring it again now and only taking a look if it's obviously slow.  :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »

Good news. I'd advise ignoring it again now and only taking a look if it's obviously slow.  :)

I only noticed it last night when i chat with my parents and my friend via webcam very slow was shocked to see speed down at 42Meg. :) Just don't understand why on earth plusnet has messed up provisioning speed as I haven't spoken to plusnet for ages.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 02:56:09 PM »

Your line probably resynced at a lower rate (mid 40's) sometime in the last couple months.
The Plusnet profile changed and got stuck on the lower figure.

That's clearly nonsense from Plusnet.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 06:43:14 PM »

Hi max.

I may be dreaming, but didn't you say last year that you were going down to the 40Mb product to save money?  It was shortly before you then said you were moving to your parents...which I think was Oct or before that... but you had also said quite a few other things so I cant recall now.
As J0hn says I suspect you had a lower sync at some point and because you do have a static IP your Plusnet profile has got stuck.   From personal experience, the Plusnet profile is ok at tracking the slower IP profiles but more often than not isnt too brilliant when it comes to them being increased and I've frequently had to request they change it manually.

Anyhow as others have said well done for not watching your stats and glad that you are feeling better. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 07:06:39 PM »

Thanks kitz. I am no longer looking up sync rate or doing speed test all times. not healthy at all. I only checked if I did noticed something wrong with slower internet.

Yeah I agree with you over Plusnet has serious issues over profile speed very quick to degrade speed but might never recover in speed profile increase in speed as a stuck profile along with static ip address. Funny they say it at the wrong provisioning on 40/10 but I knew straight away that rubbish - because if it was - then my router would sync at 40/10.

I was suppose moved to my parents but I change my mind happy stay at my own home with my daughter also the need 80/20 for her xbox, her netflix streaming same as me as 80/20 work out cheaper than 40/10 with the discount. Monthly of 96p for fibre 80/20 line only. Line rental saver already paid in full.

I have no bills for six months now because the account still in credit each month from referral scheme.

Let u know that MrSaffron has banned me on ThinkBroadband forum last year just before xmas banned for lifetime but I wouldn't care anyhow. I got my own life to enjoy now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:13:35 PM by adslmax »

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 07:27:37 PM »

I agree with the comments that the sync speed probably dipped and returned to normal. I have experienced when the Plusnet profile doesn't catch up with the IP profile, but I think it always resolved itself eventually.

Hope all is well, Max. Haven't seen you around much, but good to hear you are not held up by the little things. :)
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)
Pages: [1] 2