Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Build FTTP - Recommendations  (Read 2672 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: New Build FTTP - Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 09:22:21 PM »

The 900Mbps is £3.95 cheaper pm than Zen at £69.95 pm.

That's interesting, I will have to remember to check when hell freezes over and FTTP is finally rolled out here.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

bogof

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 05:24:54 PM »

But you'll get significantly better support on Trunk. But you pays your money...
Not impressed at the sales level.  I've tried to talk to them via their live chat a couple of times in the last week and been ignored both times.

Probably going to be Zen for me it seems.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 06:15:33 PM »

I forgot I had posted here.

In the end I went with Trunk Networks who have been perfectly fine apart from a small issue whereby the ONT wasn't paired up correctly at the very start. Openreach turned up late in the evening on the day to rectify the 'fault' but spent about 2 1/2 hours at the property as after getting the connection working the speed throughput was pegged at less than 100Mb and nothing that they did would get it to change (turned out that the circuit needed to be re-built which Trunk sorted out the next day).
Pages: 1 [2]