Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NO DATA for previous days on DSL-stats  (Read 2513 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
NO DATA for previous days on DSL-stats
« on: January 17, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »

hi all

I've noticed over the years i get NO DATA for previous days on DSL-stats? even though it set to record and screenshot etc?

can someone tell me what I'm missing so that the data appears?

thanks
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: NO DATA for previous days on DSL-stats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 04:01:53 PM »

Has it always been like that for you? It works properly here. In Configuration --> Items to Monitor I've got everything ticked.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:37 PM »

Has it always been like that for you? It works properly here. In Configuration --> Items to Monitor I've got everything ticked.

when I think back years ago I think it worked, maybe its the BETA version? as I used to use the standard one.  but for YEARS now it has NO DATA every day apart from the day we are on, I have 'save files to DSL-stats location' rather than windows location (in case that's a factor?)

thanks

edit: the snapshot folders are there and populated?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:34:23 PM by snadge »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:29:49 AM »

I don't think this is anything to do with the version you're using. I'm guessing that it's possibly related to the choice of directory where the configuration files are stored, and for some reason the 10-days error data isn't being saved.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 12:59:13 PM »

I don't think this is anything to do with the version you're using. I'm guessing that it's possibly related to the choice of directory where the configuration files are stored, and for some reason the 10-days error data isn't being saved.

thanks for the reply...

would this require a reinstall and leave that option? - to be really honest, only this new install was the first time I changed that so its done it on "windows system file" too but I'll give it a go...

thanks

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 01:41:50 PM »

to add to my above post:

I reinstalled in both a new folder and over the top of current folder AFTER changing it to OS FILES and both picked up all my logins and settings!! must be cos I changed it to store in windows...so I'm running the newly installed version of 6.5.9 saving screenshots n info in a 'copied' over snapshots folder  -let's see what it says in 48 hours

offtopic: what language was this written in? I'm busy trying to learn C# but the book is from Windows XP days and does doesn't align with Visual Studio 2019 lol - what language do you recommend>? i only know basic (aged 13 on a spectrum48k+), HTML, some CSS and PHP snippets (as I was involved in website/forum building for a while so had to learn bits of it)...n BAT files CMD and a few TERMINAL commands is about as much experience

as always, appreciated Eric :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:47:24 PM by snadge »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »

It was written using Lazarus with FreePascal - https://www.lazarus-ide.org/ . Many years ago, when I had Windows as my main system, I used Delphi for programming because it was a very productive and easy to use development system. So, when I dropped Windows in favour of Linux, Lazarus was the obvious choice because it was largely modelled on Delphi and also had cross-platform capabilities. These systems are very productive because most of the visual aspects of the program can be developed in a WYSIWYG fashion, like  a desktop publishing system.

If your interest is hobby programming, then Lazarus is  a good choice in my opinion, because you can get things done very quickly with pointing and clicking before concentrating on the logic of the program. FreePascal is a fully capable modern object oriented language, so there are no limitations.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »

It was written using Lazarus with FreePascal - https://www.lazarus-ide.org/ . Many years ago, when I had Windows as my main system, I used Delphi for programming because it was a very productive and easy to use development system. So, when I dropped Windows in favour of Linux, Lazarus was the obvious choice because it was largely modelled on Delphi and also had cross-platform capabilities. These systems are very productive because most of the visual aspects of the program can be developed in a WYSIWYG fashion, like a desktop publishing system.

If your interest is hobby programming, then Lazarus is a good choice in my opinion, because you can get things done very quickly with pointing and clicking before concentrating on the logic of the program. FreePascal is a fully capable modern object-oriented language, so there are no limitations.

thanks - very interesting never heard of Lazarus (language) before  -apparently they are now over 200 types of programming languages -  wonder if there's anyone in the world that knows em all inside out hehe

I am installing LAZARUS and its IDE as we speak but sounds like I need DELPHI..? gone totally offtopic here hehe

anyway, can I use Delphi (windows) in an IDE..?
offtopic2: (Iam going to dual boot Linux Mint soon)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »

I'm not up to date with the ins and outs of Delphi, but amongst other things it is an IDE (equivalent to Lazarus) supporting a language, also called Delphi (equivalent to FreePascal). I believe it also supports C++.
Lazarus fully supports Windows, and it's free in a financial sense. Delphi is Windows only and is a commercial product.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 06:51:23 PM »

I'm not up to date with the ins and outs of Delphi, but amongst other things, it is an IDE (equivalent to Lazarus) supporting a language, also called Delphi (equivalent to FreePascal). I believe it also supports C++.
Lazarus fully supports Windows, and it's free in a financial sense. Delphi is Windows only and is a commercial product.

well I have Lazarus installed now so will try it tomorrow, ill also get some teaching material from a site, can you recommend a good site for learning how to code? I'm familiar with IDE's and the concept of Object-Orientated Programming - I just don't know the actual code but my learning of BASIC age 13 I understand how it works to some degree, I used to write very basic programs (cos non of my family would buy me books & library was limited, I had to 'break' into some applications just to learn something simple like:
10 let A=1
20 let A=A+1
30 print A;
40 goto 20
lol - was familiar with most commands

thanks for everything Eric - I let u know how I get on with DSL stats In couple of days to allow it to gather data - also I have save as the time of my page = 12 hours and most times its not on 12 hours... could it be that? i still get daily folders with images n stuff in them>? wonder if its to do with the timing?

anyway see what happens

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »

A good place to start would be this page: https://wiki.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

The first item is a free PDF book - Free Pascal from square one
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »

anyway

back to the original problem - it still exists> both versions on "use Windows location" - funny thing is though it HAS data for the day I reinstalled it??? al other days since nothing?

wierd?