Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Misleading Blogs  (Read 1171 times)

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: Misleading Blogs
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »

so it being at the following web location - "England > Local News > Regions > Manchester" means nothing to you?

you do realise the "Home" page is simply a curation of various news reports and depending on how busy the news day is, and how much interest a story currently has, means certain reports may appear and then dis-appear from the home page depening on the time of day you look at it.

but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your obvious agenda.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:31:09 PM by chenks »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 05:19:35 PM »

so it being at the following web location - "England > Local News > Regions > Manchester" means nothing to you?

I told you what it means to me, it means it was compiled by the Manchester news team. 

That might be my misunderstanding as I misunderstand many things, but this item's location appears to be a sibling of the location of the Manchester Arena bombing report in 2017 (see earlier link), with same page headings.  The Arena bomb page heading looks the same as far as I can see, "England/Local/Regions/Manchester"   So I don't think BBC could expect me to assume that pages in that location are intended to reflect only local news stories.

You do seem a little touchy when it comes to any criticism of the BBC.   :-\

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 05:33:51 PM »

:-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »

You do seem a little touchy when it comes to any criticism of the BBC.   :-\

It's getting a little boring reading the same criticism over and over.

At least a dozen sites ran yesterday's story about the car on the railway line.

Pretty much every newspaper ran with the Brexit story using 25 year old text, but you chose to pick out the BBC for criticism.

For someone who hates the BBC you sure spend a lot of your time on their website.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »

You also  j0hn  appear, if I may say so, somewhat defensive and touchy when BBC is mentioned.

I probably do single out the BBC when it comes to news reports that I feel (based on my own totally opinionated assessment) are damaging.   But that is simply because other news outlets are perfectly entitled to do as they please, and even to follow political agendas.    For example I regularly buy The Guardian and rarely grumble, even though I strongly disagree with their political leanings and ‘green’ bias.

The BBC is meant to be impartial.  If they want to become a version of the Daily Mail/Express/Times/whatever with a broadcasting licence, and with freedom to try and shape public opinion, then I guess they could do that.    But I don’t think they should then expect public funding.   And I think that would be a shame anyway as, warts and all, I think they do a good job most of the time.

But oh dear, all of this is getting awfully far off topic from OP.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 07:02:54 PM »

I don't like the BBC.
I don't have a tv license.
I despise the BBC.

I don't spend all day moaning about them on a broadband forum though.

I don't come on a Broadband forum to read about the BBC either.

If it was your own thread i would see the point and just not click it to read what you're writing.
However you have brought up your BBC bias in 2 threads recently that had absolutely nothing to do with the BBC.

As much as I would like to ignore your BBC ramblings you don't make it an easy task.
You're entitled to post whatever you like in your own threads. I don't see any reason to do so on others threads.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:05:30 PM by j0hn »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 07:39:23 PM »

I don't like the BBC.
I don't have a tv license.
I despise the BBC.

I don't spend all day moaning about them on a broadband forum though.

I don't come on a Broadband forum to read about the BBC either.

If it was your own thread i would see the point and just not click it to read what you're writing.
However you have brought up your BBC bias in 2 threads recently that had absolutely nothing to do with the BBC.

As much as I would like to ignore your BBC ramblings you don't make it an easy task.
You're entitled to post whatever you like in your own threads. I don't see any reason to do so on others threads.

I let it pass at the time, but the earlier thread, that you described as being “nothing to do with the BBC”, began with just a link... to  a BBC web page.    How strange you should keep asserting that opinion.

TBH, you strike me as something of a bully, with all your ranting and raving in an effort to silence disagreement.  If so then, like all bullies, you’ll probably have figured out... not everybody is susceptible.

Feel free to have the last word, same invite to others too.  Out of respect for the Forum I won’t respond further.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 09:28:19 PM »

Nice of you to get personal.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 10:09:26 PM »

Looking in no particular direction as I type this . . .

Gentlemen, enough. Thank you.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]