Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Email Link  (Read 9171 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Email Link
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »

Hi all,when I copy and paste a link to an email message it is diplaying the web address but it is not underlined and clickable.I find no problem when I copy and paste on here,any advice?

Edit, I am using Firefox 3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:11:36 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

Re: Email Link
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:13:24 AM »

Unc ...   in your composed email it won't show underlined and be clickable, but when it arrives at the destination it will   ....   send it to yourself and you'll see what I mean ....   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »

Kate,just tried it and its not clickable ?

this is the link I am sending

http://www.plus.net/residential/bundles.shtml.

Edit,It highlights here in blue,when I have tried in emails it is just in black text and not clickable
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:24:37 AM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »

UnkyUb, have you got Firefox set as your default browser..............if so, do the links work if you re-establish IE as default ?

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »

???    just tried it and sent it to myself and it works  ...   I'm stumped now  !! 

Ooo TD   didn't see your post  .....  my default browser is FF  !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

Was using Firefox  as default browser TD.Just loaded IE7 and the links work fine.  :hmm:

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »

?????   TD,   we keep meeting at Unc's don't we  ?   :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »

Looks like my short firefox experience could be over unless anyones got a suggestion.Is there any settings that can be altered to sort it out?.I really like Firefox as well,especially how much faster the web pages load

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »

Which email service are you using?
OE or webmail or what?
dave

Have a look here:
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_fix_links.htm
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:14:26 PM by dave.m »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »

Don't give up on your Firefox yet, unkyUb.

The links are opening ok in IE, so we now know that the problem is not in your e-mail client, and we know that the links are opening ok in Firefox when scottiesmum tries them, so the problem is not in Firefox but rather it is in your copy of Firefox or in your registry.

Am trawling around the Mozilla forums to see if the answer is there.

What OS is scottiesmum using ?

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 12:58:41 PM »

I'm using XP Home SP3   TD .....    :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »

@ dave,don't use Outlook,only webmail = Yahoo and Hotmail
@ TD I'm using Windows Vista home premium.

Just to add I have tried copying and pasting in the UK campsite forum and that just the same.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »

Well, have just sent myself mails to my Hotmail and my Yahoo e-addies, each with a link to the Kitz site...............and in both clients the links work OK and open Kitz in my default Opera browser.
So, tis not Microsoft being silly and insisting upon IE only when linking from Hotmail............another possibility out the window.

TD goes off to do more experimenting.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »

Here is a quoted post from the Mozilla forum.

It does not directly answer the problem, but the highlighted part may be of interest.

Microsoft Team.. wrote:
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support. This is Ricky and based on the service request that you have provided, I gather that you are encountering a message that is asking you to upgrade your browser. Also, you are unable to view your account using the full version of Live Hotmail. I understand the importance of having this addressed immediately and I will do my best to assist you.

We need additional information from you in order to find the cause of this issue. It will help our investigation if you can provide us with the detailed steps that you have performed when you were prompted with the message to upgrade your browser.

In addition to this, please send us a screenshot of the error you are encountering when trying to navigate your Windows Live Hotmail account. For your convenience, I have provided the steps below on how to do this: then click on the "Save" button.

<snip .. Windows instructions that take 5 click in Linux>

9. Click "Send."

You can also send the screenshot to our test account at WLMTestMsg AT hotmail DOT com. If you prefer to do this, please put " ************ ID " as the subject of your e-mail message for easy tracking and let us know once you have sent the requested information by replying to this e-mail.

Moving forward, for your concern on not being able to access the full version of Windows Live Hotmail. please be guided that Currently, the full version of Windows Live Hotmail is not compatible with Firefox 3. We have identified the cause of the problem and are diligently working with Firefox to resolve the issue. This is expected to be resolved in the next release of Windows Live Hotmail scheduled for later this year. In the meantime we suggest the following workarounds:

1. Use the basic version of Windows Live Hotmail

2. Downgrade your browser version to Firefox 2

3. Install IEtab(add-on):

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »

M'mm,its just that if I copy and paste a link to the uk campsite forum,that has nothing to do with windows live hotmail (or has it).
Pages: [1] 2

anything