Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTP, how long from survey/rodding to go live?  (Read 2945 times)

hucknallred

Re: FTTP, how long from survey/rodding to go live?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 11:40:25 AM »

Never heard of them - but that wouldn't be unusual tbh, as they may be a 2nd party/3rd party subby to the main contractor.

We only deal with the the MC.
I did some snaps walking to the shop, there was an NMCN guy with the Lightning guy, guess NMCN are the main subby as they got a huge contract last year.
Looks like a FTTP DP sticking out, also an old logo BT tent in use. I'm presuming the build is almost done now?

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »

The (multiple contractors) cable bashers have been running in fibre for Openreach all over my area for the last 2 months.
The cable testing phase has now started & the Openreach bod working on my local cabinet the other day reckons the exchange will go live in about 3 months.
HOWEVER, I've tried several postcodes in the Openreach FTTP checker (inc. the one for the house next to the exchange) without success.
THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR FTTP IN YOUR AREA AT THIS TIME, in every case!
I've got that deja vu feeling about this, as 6 weeks after I had G.fast installed the checker was still saying it wasn't available.
I think BT/Openreach need to update their databases more frequently!

hucknallred

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 10:31:37 AM »

Well, FTTP is now showing as available, but due to my Virgin contract situation I sold my soul to them for another 18 months with not a bad deal, 200MB & a bit of telly for £32.
To be revisited in late 2022 or earlier if they try a price hike...
Pages: 1 [2]

anything