Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: FTTP arrival  (Read 8789 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
FTTP arrival
« on: December 16, 2020, 07:10:35 AM »

Had third party contractor Mapgroup on our estate today putting in draw rope through all the existing bt man holes could this be the start of the fttp arrival 🤞

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: FTTP arrival
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 09:03:59 AM »

Seems very likely.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »

Lets hope a belated xmas present  :fingers:

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »

Most likely.

Check https://one.network/ for local roadworks (best registering for free to check months in to the future) or openreach.com to see if your address is in scope.

If it's a newer build (under 25-30 years old) then it should hopefully be a very straight forward deployment.

Roughly what area? It may be on the official list. Many new builds get done even if the area isn't in plans.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »

That's the thing been checking one.network on a regular basis nothing on there apart from duct unblocking for next week on a older part of the estate so was surprised to see the contractors pulling in draw rope. It is a new estate built in 2006 not far from Northampton. Can't find anything about fibre on the superfast Northamptonshire website but the BT fibre first website says we are starting to build in your Area. BT availability checker says FTTP not available and not a Fibre first exchange. Hopefully it is on its way

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »

Could be part of the retro new build work.
It's quick and easy to deploy and will likely go live before the Fibre First work in Northampton.

My development was done under this work despite there being no FTTP rollout on my patch.
They have covered the vast majority of new builds around me now.

No surprise there's nothing on one.network as the ducts are new and should be clear, there shouldn't be any need for roadworks permits.

Mapgroup are 1 of the subcontractors OpenReach are using for the FTTP build so looks like it's coming to you.  :)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »

:clap:Hopefully, as my Johnlewis contract runs out end of Jan so may just go month to month if it will not be too long.  Will try and speak to the guys when they do my road

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »

Lets hope a belated xmas present  :fingers:
Next Xmas  :hmm:
Our village work started in the first Lockdown  in May, some months later It's in 'Testing' and should imagine it's going to be Next year before I can order.

So do not expect anything to happen soon as there is many many man hours to get not just your street but a whole wider area lit up when it goes live..

What area are you ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »

Understand that it won't happen overnight and it can be smooth sailing or a rough road. I am in Kettering Northamptonshire

benji09

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 09:43:34 PM »

I received a letter from B.T. today telling me that I could order FTTP from them now, for less than £30 p/m. Am not sure if that includes a PSTN line or not. But I am with Sky FTTC for the next year, and am paying a lower price than that, for a speed that is more than enough for my needs at this time. Hopefully other people in my road will be interested in the B.T. offer, and this may help the reliability of my line!

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 11:38:58 PM »

That could be a postive spin on it  more people that take up fttp less cross talk will effect vdsl lines resulting in a higher speed think I will still take fttp as and when

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 10:36:04 AM »

That's the thing been checking one.network on a regular basis nothing on there apart from duct unblocking for next week on a older part of the estate so was surprised to see the contractors pulling in draw rope. It is a new estate built in 2006 not far from Northampton. Can't find anything about fibre on the superfast Northamptonshire website but the BT fibre first website says we are starting to build in your Area. BT availability checker says FTTP not available and not a Fibre first exchange. Hopefully it is on its way

The only PON's in scope at this minute for Kettering, are new-sites and retro new sites. So as j0hn mentions, you will fall under the RNS programme if work is being carried out regarding FTTP ??

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »

Thanks Black sheep will just have to wait and see what happens in the new year

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »

Which means it "should be" a shorter wait and very unlikely to be anywhere near as long as Xmas 2021 as mooted above.

The new build and retro new site work is so much quicker to deploy compared to the general rollout provided no major issues crop up.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 12:50:12 PM »

Happy New year guys well thought FTTP was coming but looks like our postcode not included. Near yet so far if they just gone that extra 5 meter. Looks like I will be re-contracting my second line for a further 12 months
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

anything