Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: FTTP arrival  (Read 8788 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: FTTP arrival
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »

Is there a definitive schedule anywhere that indicates timeframe for FTTP in all locations ?
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »

Not that is available to general public that I am aware of

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 11:48:17 AM »

Is there a definitive schedule anywhere that indicates timeframe for FTTP in all locations ?

Openreach.com gives a very rough guide to some already announced areas, telling you if it's in planning, build or complete.

There's nothing for an individual street or address that gives any timeframe.

Again openreach.com gives very little info at the address level.
It's not coming (not in scope, exploring solutions).
FTTP coming.
FTTP available.

If your area hasn't been announced by OpenReach yet then it could be 2-3 years or it could be 10-15 years.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 03:15:43 PM »

To add to John's answer the only other place that you may be able to draw some  information from is https://one.network/ Create a free account and that lets you view further than two weeks ahead, look for telephone symbols and work related to PON's, although descriptions seem to vary. Be aware that even though you can look at up to 12 months ahead it doesn't mean every company plans their work permits 12 months in advance. If your area isn't covered then your council or county council website should have something similar.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 05:56:29 PM »

Should we be expecting another FTTP update shortly? I think Openreach update it every three months?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 01:59:09 AM »

I've been in contact with Openreach directly myself for my area and gotten information from the area manager.  Even then they said they will only have a rough idea of when the area might go live once I see fibre actually being fitted on my street.

Their aim from start to finish is around 18 months for the exchange once actual rollout has started.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2021, 04:27:03 PM »

Confirmation from Openreach FTTP is on it way:-

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home. I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you fibre to the premises.

Our engineering will take place over the coming months. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of July 2021.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2021, 05:42:56 PM »

To add to John's answer the only other place that you may be able to draw some  information from is https://one.network/ Create a free account and that lets you view further than two weeks ahead, look for telephone symbols and work related to PON's, although descriptions seem to vary. Be aware that even though you can look at up to 12 months ahead it doesn't mean every company plans their work permits 12 months in advance. If your area isn't covered then your council or county council website should have something similar.

One.network emailed me last week saying their service is changing.

Important: a change to transport data regulations

Hi there,

We're writing to tell you about a change that's coming to data sharing regulations, because it's going to affect your use of the one.network platform.

We're working in partnership with Street Manager, the Department for Transport's digital service for registering roadworks, to understand these developments and what they'll mean for you.

Click below to read about the changes.

https://onenetworkhq.medium.com/all-change-at-street-manager-and-the-department-for-transport-cf7f977af18

We’re working collaboratively with the DfT, and with our customers, to understand what this means for one.network users. But the likelihood is that we’ll no longer be able to display the same amount of information to everybody.
Here are some of the changes we’re expecting to see.
Some information will have to be removed for users who aren’t logged in*
Some information will be reserved for users who belong to a one.network subscribing organisation
Some information we can only share with users whose organisations are part of Street Manager
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »

I've had the same email, unfortunately most of us are losing a good source of information  :(

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2021, 11:40:45 PM »

I wonder if this is some half-assed approach to reduce the ability for 5G tinfoil hat nutcases to target telecom engineers?

If so its stupid as I'm sure most of the attacks are opportunistic rather than planned.  Though I suppose there is merit to trying to avoid it escalating.

Honestly though, I'd be willing to send them a scan of my drivers license to keep access to those details, that should be enough really.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »

Yes I've had the same email, still cant see why they need to do this!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 01:14:30 PM »

It may be certain companies not wanting deployment information known, I'm sure I read something that implied it was due to sensitive commercial information. But then surely any company that might benefit from that information would still have full access.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 07:04:47 PM »

It may be certain companies not wanting deployment information known, I'm sure I read something that implied it was due to sensitive commercial information. But then surely any company that might benefit from that information would still have full access.

Virgin getting upset that Openreach can see when they are "extending existing network"?  But like you said, they would STILL be able to see it as its only people not in the industry that lose access.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 01:44:04 PM »

Contractors back today pulling fibre on my street so hopefully June deadline looking possible

bogof

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 02:28:09 PM »

Again openreach.com gives very little info at the address level.
It's not coming (not in scope, exploring solutions).
FTTP coming.
FTTP available.
It's worse than that, as my own address, inspite of being served by VDSL and in the midst of a fibre rollout locally, was flipping between various states no VDSL, VDSL, Fibre coming, and back again to VDSL and no VDSL at various random times over the last 6 months.  2 days ago it went live for ordering, and just ordered today! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5