Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.  (Read 9913 times)

kjw

Re: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2021, 02:53:27 PM »

Does it show the same via post code? From what others have said its better to use the post code and full address to check (not saying it will make a difference YET mind you)

The main thing that seems different between us both is mine has changed to show the higher FTTPoD speeds (1000/220)  and I have had it confirmed the testing/commissioning is done. Perhaps they found an issue when testing yours and its still being sorted out...

If the hardware is there at least you know its 95% coming :P better than a lot of others!
ZEN 900/100 via pfSense | Unifi AC-HD WiFi
Speed Test | BQM Graph

dontasciime

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »

Guy doing tests said it was fine over 4 weeks ago

Postcode check is exactly the same.

I'll just have to be more patient.

the street the cab is on can get 1000 and other side streets like dovedale/borrowdale/eskdale/tynedale/weardale but the main street that comes off weardale can only get as high as g.fast currently which is where poles appear eg those connected to weardale/dovedale where cab 35 is  and continue to connect to mine, most propeties on that street can get also get g.fast my street can't get g.fast and only 80/20

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:07:26 PM by dontasciime »

kjw

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2021, 03:21:39 PM »

Another thing I noticed about your area is the live areas I have found are showing 350/50, that either means ECI OLT or there are capacity issues...

I wonder if they are waiting for exchange upgrades before lighting up more areas.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:23:59 PM by kjw »
Speed Test | BQM Graph

dontasciime

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2021, 03:29:11 PM »

ECI cabs are common here which is why I thought they might be changing them and slowing down the overall process but as someone pointed out this bypasses cab anyway.

oh you meant line card

this is where cab is and ultrafast checker says 1000 as do those surrounding postcodes

Oh well I just have to hope things trigger in June like FTTC did when it arrived here.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:47:25 PM by dontasciime »

kjw

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2021, 04:28:42 PM »

I think that OR checker always says up to 1000 (when available) despite some areas being limited to 350 for capacity or OLT reasons.

They are obviously still busy working away, someone has to be first with others left to wait a bit longer... annoying as it is.

Trust me I feel your pain as I have been very closely following the rollout here since September last year, at least the end is in sight for us. Think of those that might be waiting long into 2022/3/4/5.
Speed Test | BQM Graph

dontasciime

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 09:54:42 AM »

Ultrafast checker says upto 1000Gbps now  <edit  :lol I meant 1Gbps

However the other page says upto 330/50 now under WBC FTTP

I was only interested in 900/115 really

And zen only offer max fibre 300

So I guess there is some older  ECI barrier here yet again

Bt order page for a laugh offers 900 upon ordering at last stage says error and to phone up:

Just going to have to accept it as being a step on the ladder and order before there is no spot.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:59:29 PM by dontasciime »

Chunk72

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 12:54:24 PM »

Properties that have just gone live in my area are also showing 330/50. Wonder if it is a headend restriction or not fully live yet?

dontasciime

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 01:56:56 PM »

I could only order 300 from Zen their check was limited to fibre 300 package  with speed guarantee of 150

these  stayfast speeds are sure funny now compared to fttc ones

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:26:43 PM by dontasciime »

dontasciime

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »

1000/220 now

lee2009

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2021, 02:19:41 AM »

ive just looked on the one network site, and omg its just lit up like a xmas tree for planned OR works, all of it road traffic orders, 3 of these are for my very street alone, ive never seen so many phone icons on this website before for blyth edit** all this work is arround the town center area

i suggest all you people in blyth town center area go take a alook at the one network site, as this planned work was not there last week, looks like most of it is planned for july

fttp is getting closer boys and girls closer then you think by looks of it
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 02:43:05 AM by lee2009 »

lee2009

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2021, 02:29:15 AM »

also, hoping someone can advise, years ago i knew quite a bit about networking etc, but due to ill health my memory is not what it use to be.

i have my own fairly high end router that i bought my self, port forwarding, nas and cctv cams dvrs etc all connected etc etc.

will i be able to use this router with the bt equipment that will be installed when i get fttp?, is it something to do with the wan port? i really dont wanna be forced to use the router bt supply for fttp, im hoping my existing router will be able to be used with the new equipment bt will install when i get fttp

any info would be appreciated.

dontasciime

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

Depends on what that "high end router is" and what package you get, want 330/50 should be fine over RJ45 cat5e at least providing ewan port is gigabit* -  900/110 will probably need  QOS and filtering options disabled.

I'm sure someone more capable will be along with a recommendation for you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:00:54 PM by dontasciime »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2021, 04:59:37 PM »

i have my own fairly high end router . . .

Please post the details, manufacturer and model, etc.

As long as it has a EWAN port, you will be able to connect it directly to the Openreach ONT. Depending upon which product you take, you will need either a Cat5e or a Cat6 Ethernet cable.

Obviously you would also need to know the authentication credentials for your service, if any are required, and the connection mode . . . PPPoE, IPoE or DHCP, etc.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2021, 05:48:31 PM »

Depending upon which product you take, you will need either a Cat5e or a Cat6 Ethernet cable.

I would have thought Cat5e would suffice for any product you can currently order with regard to FTTP, its perfectly good for 1Gbps, and will do up to 10Gbps on a good quality cable up to about 30 meters, or there abouts.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2021, 05:59:39 PM »

I would have thought Cat5e would suffice for any product you can currently order with regard to FTTP, its perfectly good for 1Gbps, and will do up to 10Gbps on a good quality cable up to about 30 meters, or there abouts.

Ah, yes. Of course.  :-[
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything