Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.  (Read 9918 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »

Thanks mate, appreciate you looking :)

Not a problem, pal.  :) :)

dontasciime

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »

I have a friend and family that live there and they will be very pleased if it goes to their postcodes. They live nearer some factories which they thought already had FTTP. I just spotted this thread so I'll keep an eye on it for them. Thanks for all.

If extra telephone poles have been installed today (whereby there are no houses to feed with copper line for phone co's they all have them  does that indicate FTTP?

[Moderator edited to merge two successive posts into one.]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:32:51 PM by burakkucat »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »

There is a possibility that those poles have been installed to carry optical fibres for the FTTP deployment.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

dontasciime

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 10:10:35 PM »

Thanks. I'm hoping so because since 2012 my 79,999Kbps sync is now 51Mbps througput even though it should be syncing at 66 it just will not go there anymore it just hangs around 54Mbps.

Will this if it is what I suspect be available to my ISP <Zen>

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 10:28:28 PM »

If it's FTTP then yes it will.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

dontasciime

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »

Yeah it's FTTP just watched them install the fibre cable to pole 20 foot away

Anyone have a clue as to likely timescale of it being able to be ordered.

Manifold -ports are in place and some runs of optic left at pole I presume to take to CP

[Moderator edited to merge two successive posts into one.]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:34:31 PM by burakkucat »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »

After the manual work on fitting the infrastructure, they have to test and commission (couple or so days).

It then gets whipped to a further OR department to quality check everything. There may be a query, there may not ... (such as duplicate NAD's, light loss reading disparities etc etc) ... this can add a few hours, a day or so dependent on the query.

Then it goes to RFS and then CRFS (Customer Ready For Service). Usually a couple of weeks tops to go to RFS from commissioning ..... the bit to CRFS I have no idea of, as it lies with the service providers.

dontasciime

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 11:46:06 AM »

They are testing it tomorrow.

lee2009

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 01:43:58 PM »

hi all

just a update

firstly, when searching google for fttp blyth northumberland this thread has been coming in the top 5 search results, so hopefully drawing traffic.

secondly, today some open reach contractors were in my very street!! they were lifting manhole covers and doing something with blue coloured rope, some guys were at some manholes and other guys were at the other manholes, they were clearly pulling something through under ground ducks.

really nice to see this work actually going on in my street, a sure sign the fttp build is in progress and fttp is on its way to my house as well as others in my street.

i wont post again until i have further updates, its just nice to be able to see the fttp build with my own eyes.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »

Believe me - Blyth's Rural FTTP programme is moving apace.  ;)

lee2009

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2021, 07:35:26 PM »

oh i know it is, i did try speaking to the cable puller, but i couldnt understand what he was saying as he was clearly from another part of the country, there must be teams of guys from all over the country been sent to places all over the country to do this work, and i had a car behind me so i had to move on.

im a happy bunny knowing that i should be able to order fttp before the end of summer

dontasciime

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 04:44:22 PM »

Can I ask another question about this location please to see how it plays out.

Let's say it was ready to order. It has to be close. I had OR here this morning trying to get my line which should be doing 66  but was as low as 51 with 47 TP (now at 56 after visit and 62 is max emu showed) so it can't come soon enough as I'm never getting my 77.43Mbps 17a profile back and he thought it might go live next week*.

Ok say it was ready to order. I'm hoping 900/115 is available. Current ISP is Zen. Im on 80/20 package contracted until Nov 2021. For simplicty sake let's just say I'm on a rolling 30 day.

How, what is best approach to ordering this, a Migration? or new order? and what are the pitfalls if any of a migration. I read something on here which was mentioning oNT  [port selection]. I'm just looking to avoid a scenario where because I don't know know the ins and out of this product range that   I won't be choosing the wrong thing or order procedure.

I Currently have a block of 8 IP addresses is that also likely to cause an issue on reorder etc

[edit] It appears Zen have no more clue than I do when it goes live as they are relying on the same checker I am)

Street where my copper cab and fibre cab is checker says 1000Gbps is available for those and also Gfast for closer properties to the copper cab. Next street over where they start the new poles with  fibre which then run to mine are still not showing on the checker 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:54:09 PM by dontasciime »

dontasciime

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »

Had a reply from Opereach

Hello ****,

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.  

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home. I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you fibre to the premises.

Our engineering will take place over the coming months. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of October 2021. 

Is this a case of the work carried out hasn't been logged correctly as already having been done and tested ?

kjw

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »

I suspect that date will be for the wider plan, some will be earlier, some later depending on where you sit on the wider role out.

That same contact address told me July 2022 yet my PON has been tested and commissioned (we are new build ducted, and likely the first place the spine passes on its way from the headend)

Its all a bit how long is a piece of string, but you can kind of guess where you are at by watching what the guys are doing when on site :)

Has anything flipped over from 330/30 to 1000/220 yet? Normally a good sign something is on its way soon-ish.
ZEN 900/100 via pfSense | Unifi AC-HD WiFi
Speed Test | BQM Graph

dontasciime

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »

They are no longer on site and haven't been for over 4 weeks since testting light loss.

Had another reply from sifibreenquiriesmop   which frankly is still generic foreign mess insisiting guys are still there now working on the pole and will be finished oct 2021

If there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
OpenReach! (Nah don't bother)

I ain't 'fraid of no post.

I know I'm being a little impatient but I'm fed up with my poor performing fttc.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:09:38 PM by dontasciime »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything