Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.  (Read 9908 times)

lee2009

Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »

hi all

if my research is right it shows my town is in the build phase of fttp, theres been some digging going on in my local area but not sure what the digging was for, ive looked on the road work website and can see numerous things OR are doing, mostly clearing ducts and laying poly duct.

does it seem to you guys like my town is actualy in the build phase or planning stage of fttp?

do any of you have accses to any OR systems?

my home town is blyth northumberland, id love some info on this as im sure you can all apreciate im dying to and willing to pay whatever it costs to get that fibre into my home

any info would be apppreciated

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

When my area was in pre-build those are the jobs I would see, when it got suspended due to exchange issues they disappeared, now its due to re-start in the new year and I'm seeing those jobs starting to appear again.

So I'd say if build isn't in progress yet, its very close barring unforseen issues.  Its worth bearing in mind though that it can potentially be a year or two from start to finish.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »

Most of Blyth looks to be at 'Survey created' stage ... ie: all the necessary systems are loaded up and ready to be despatched to the surveyors to do a proper on-site survey.

However, there are also approximately 20 splitter-nodes that are showing as in 'Build'. In other words, the survey has been completed, the planning costs, civls and build estimates have been completed .... which means our contractors and/or our DL civils gangs are doing their bit.

lee2009

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 08:03:27 PM »

thank you both for your replys. safe to say the fibre  build in my town is under way, black sheep if i was to pm you my postcode would you be able to have a "closer" look at my specific area or not?

also wonder if a admin could change the title of the thread, to something like my journey to fttp that i can update as time goes by

ive already took my 1st steps towards fttp, currently with plusnet who dont offer fttp, im outta contract so ive just moved over to bt fttc as i know they offer fttp when available, i currently go live with bt on the 9th december.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 02:12:05 PM »

No probs mate .... PM it over.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »

also wonder if a admin could change the title of the thread, <snip>

Hopefully the subject line is now more appropriate? Please let me know if it needs a further tweak.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

lee2009

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 09:36:13 PM »

well all up and running with bt in fttc (while town goes through its fttp build)

roughly same speeds i was getting with plusnet 30 down 5 up

thats probably the end of my updates for now untill the fttp build starts to get closer to my home.

should of also said that on the one network website theres still lots of OR work going ahead and more jobs have been added for the months ahead, OR are very busy bees in my local area with the fttp build.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 10:43:08 PM by burakkucat »

lee2009

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »

note to admin, it might be better to change northumbria to northumberland, as everyone uses northumberland, might be better to use that for google, so it draws people here if anyone in my town search's for fttp info in blyth

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »

Hi Lee

Got your PM, mate.

As mooted earlier in the thread, there are the odd PON's dotted about built in Blyth, but I noticed there was a lot of 'red' colouring* on our ORION tool which indicates 'Survey created'.
There has been a helluva lot more red been added since I last looked, and that includes your own postcode area.

You asked the question about when it will be available ?? That is more or less impossible to say unless you are part of the build team in Blyth who will have a glidepath to work from, with subsequent dates regarding on-site surveys to take place, planning, civils, cabling & splicing, testing and commissioning. This is approximately a 10-week process from start to end, plus the Xmas period where our contractors tend to stand down for a week or two ...... plus the fact that like I say, the survey estimate has only just been created and hasn't physically started the process.

But .... the good news is that it is on its way to you, but I'd probably say it's going to be approximately 3 months off yet ?? Purely guess work ... could be slightly longer ??. 

* We have various life-cycle colours on our survey tool - its easier to see a wider geographical area and its current status.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »

note to admin, it might be better to change northumbria to northumberland, as everyone uses northumberland, . . .

The grumpy, old, kuroneko has shown his age in his initial choice for the name of the County.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

lee2009

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 01:52:50 AM »

blacksheep you are a gem buddy for supplying that info, im more then happy with what you have said, i can wait your estimated times no bother at all, ive told myself that within 6 months i "should" be able to order fttp i can sure as hell wait that long, aslong as the build is in progress heading towards the build stage thats totaly fine by me, thank you once again for your reply!

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:15:44 PM »

Nice to see some more FTTP cropping up in Northumberland!

@Black_Sheep dont suppose orion is showing anything for Seaton Delaval being just down the road?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:43:35 PM »

blacksheep you are a gem buddy for supplying that info, im more then happy with what you have said, i can wait your estimated times no bother at all, ive told myself that within 6 months i "should" be able to order fttp i can sure as hell wait that long, aslong as the build is in progress heading towards the build stage thats totaly fine by me, thank you once again for your reply!

No worries, mate. As an aside, none of the manual surveys appear to have been picked up as yet, so the 10-12 week period hasn't yet started I'm afraid.

Hopefully soon ... but with the new lockdown we're back facing shrinkage on both DL and contract staff. It is what it is, nothing I or you can do to resolve it I'm afraid.  :'(  :) :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 03:47:49 PM »

Nice to see some more FTTP cropping up in Northumberland!

@Black_Sheep dont suppose orion is showing anything for Seaton Delaval being just down the road?

'Fraid not, Mark .... the only survey completed in this area is the local school, which falls under a completely different national project.

We'll get there at some point, to say we're throwing everything at the FTTP build, is an understatement. Alas, as mooted above, other matters beyond our reasonable control are playing their part.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 05:04:11 PM »

'Fraid not, Mark .... the only survey completed in this area is the local school, which falls under a completely different national project.

We'll get there at some point, to say we're throwing everything at the FTTP build, is an understatement. Alas, as mooted above, other matters beyond our reasonable control are playing their part.

Thanks mate, appreciate you looking :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4