Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland.

(1/12) > >>

lee2009:
hi all

if my research is right it shows my town is in the build phase of fttp, theres been some digging going on in my local area but not sure what the digging was for, ive looked on the road work website and can see numerous things OR are doing, mostly clearing ducts and laying poly duct.

does it seem to you guys like my town is actualy in the build phase or planning stage of fttp?

do any of you have accses to any OR systems?

my home town is blyth northumberland, id love some info on this as im sure you can all apreciate im dying to and willing to pay whatever it costs to get that fibre into my home

any info would be apppreciated

Alex Atkin UK:
When my area was in pre-build those are the jobs I would see, when it got suspended due to exchange issues they disappeared, now its due to re-start in the new year and I'm seeing those jobs starting to appear again.

So I'd say if build isn't in progress yet, its very close barring unforseen issues.  Its worth bearing in mind though that it can potentially be a year or two from start to finish.

Black Sheep:
Most of Blyth looks to be at 'Survey created' stage ... ie: all the necessary systems are loaded up and ready to be despatched to the surveyors to do a proper on-site survey.

However, there are also approximately 20 splitter-nodes that are showing as in 'Build'. In other words, the survey has been completed, the planning costs, civls and build estimates have been completed .... which means our contractors and/or our DL civils gangs are doing their bit.

lee2009:
thank you both for your replys. safe to say the fibre  build in my town is under way, black sheep if i was to pm you my postcode would you be able to have a "closer" look at my specific area or not?

also wonder if a admin could change the title of the thread, to something like my journey to fttp that i can update as time goes by

ive already took my 1st steps towards fttp, currently with plusnet who dont offer fttp, im outta contract so ive just moved over to bt fttc as i know they offer fttp when available, i currently go live with bt on the 9th december.

Black Sheep:
No probs mate .... PM it over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version