Computer Software > Security

Google password Exposed

<< < (3/3)

Ronski:
7LM, I know what your saying, but, I'm a nobody, who just works for a local haulage and removals firm, nothing special, but when someone somewhere discovered my RDP port open at work they put quite a bit of effort into trying to log in. Trying well over 30,000 username and password combinations from multiple IP addresses. I've no idea how long they'd been trying because Windows event viewer only stores around 32,000 events, so it could have been hundreds of thousands of attempts, all automated of course, just lucky they never hit the right combination.

sevenlayermuddle:
Maybe I am, indeed, too laid back. :)

Ronski:
Perhaps  :P.  ;D

d2d4j:
Hi

There are reasons why bad people want to hack accounts.  Most people are not perhaps like yourselves and use different passwords for different accounts, so hack 1 and you more likely to have access to other accounts as 1 example, another example is a coordinated attack/ddos

I think I have posted previously in other threads, about an attack at a clients which we stopped dead, leaving all the tools and files they uploaded (you would have to see it to believe it... including virtualisation software) and 1 file which was a text file called 885k - contained I guess 885 thousand usernames and passwords with all email providers and was to be used to send emails by those providers from the compromised system at our clients...

So whilst some may view the hacking of a system from a nobody, others view with larger plans of use

Ronski - all systems come under attack every second of ever day - on our systems you can be locked out as we cannot derive that it is genuine or not, so a lockout is implemented on the basis if it was you genuinely, you woudl make contact by other means :)

Many thanks

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version