Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Any Sky Expert About  (Read 957 times)

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
Any Sky Expert About
« on: December 03, 2020, 08:36:01 PM »

I know very very little about Sky products and wonder if someone can help shed some light please.

My daughter is sharing a flat. They have Sky TV with an ES130 connected to the telly and broadband via an ER110. These 2 boxes are not connected to one another by any cables.

I understand that the ER110 is responsible for providing broadband and the ES130 is responsible for the TV side.

My question relates specifically to the ES130 unit.

1. Is it possible to stream Sky tv from the ES130 to say a laptop or tablet in another room without getting another Sky box of some sort?

2. If the answer to point 1 above is yes, then is the tablet or laptop able to watch any subscribed channel on the Sky box independently or is it like a slave eg same as having a magic eye.

Apologies, I know that this is not strictly speaking a broadband hardware issue but can't see any specific category where to post this.

Many thanks for any help provided

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Any Sky Expert About
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:55:37 PM »

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/new-sky-go-help/new-sky-go-installing-setting-up/diagnostics/new-sky-go-app/new-sky-go-app-connect-to-my-box

Sky Q customers can connect their box to the Sky Go app when using a mobile, tablet or laptop device. This lets you:

Watch Live TV and On Demand shows from your Sky Q box
    Watch recordings from your Sky Q box
    Download recordings from your Sky Q box
    Manage recordings on your Sky Q box

You’ll need Sky Go Extra to download shows and movies (depending on your subscription) to compatible laptops, mobiles and tablets. You can register up to 6 devices and when you register a 7th it will auto-swap with your least used device.

You’ll need a Sky Q Multiscreen subscription to watch and download recordings from your Sky Q box to the Sky Go app (if you have Sky Q Multiscreen, you will already have Sky Go Extra).

Please note: To watch BBC channels via Sky Go, you will need a Sky Q Multiscreen subscription and be connected to your Sky Q box (not available outside of the home). Some recordings are not available to download to your device due to licensing restrictions.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »

Purrfect thanks....

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 05:20:37 PM »

Apologies, I know that this is not strictly speaking a broadband hardware issue but can't see any specific category where to post this.

No problem.  :)  This is a good-enough location, considering the multi-hardware-aspect of your query.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.