Computer Software > Security

Kaspersky Trouble

(1/2) > >>

Peter:
I am not able to log in to Kaspersky as it will not recognise my email address and /or password, tried to change password but I need to log in to do that, clicking 'Forgotten Password' is no help as the email address is the one I signed up with but changed months ago.

I have now been informed auto renewal was selected, (not by me) and now £34.33 will be taken out of my account, I did manage to get an email message to them i think/hope explaining this but have had no response, I'm tempted to uninstall the anti virus but I'd like my money back.

Any ideas please, or should I cut my losses and install a free antivirus?
Also I'm having a new PC delivered Wednesday and would like to have transferred the anti virus.
i'm running Win 10.

Regards,

Peter

Weaver:
I have never ever used an antivirus program. Windows Defender of course does no harm, so I have left it running. I just stick to securing the operating system correctly so that malicious and unwanted exes and dlls cannot be installed or if installed cannot run and I do this with Windows’ standard security mechanisms (not available in ‘home’ editions).

maxheadroom:

--- Quote from: Peter on November 30, 2020, 04:33:32 PM ---

Any ideas please, or should I cut my losses and install a free antivirus?

--- End quote ---

If you decide to try a free AV give Avast a try i have been using it for ages and i prefer it to the others i have used in the past -

https://uk.pcmag.com/antivirus/118066/avast-free-antivirus

parkdale:
Just use Win Defender...

4candles:
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version