Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good budget alternative to Plusnet? Premium ISP/Activation Costs?  (Read 2939 times)

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
Re: Good budget alternative to Plusnet? Premium ISP/Activation Costs?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2020, 03:30:37 PM »

If BT haven't charged you, they have subsidised the cost by the inflated price people pay at the end of their initial discount period.  Renogotiate or get ripped off. ;)

Thanks for explaining, i moved from BT to TT i didn't pay anything and i am still with TT.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »

A&A was only mentioned because the OP mentioned it.

If I am honest, the OP needs to decide how they want their service. I am not saying it acceptable to have poor customer support, but the customer needs to decide where they draw the line and leave if it's not good enough - that means rejecting any concessions and just getting out of there. I know it's a bit more complicated than that, since people will have their own preferences and reasons for using a certain provider, or have worries about leaving, and some customers can be enocuraged to stay with discounts that means they will never leave.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 05:46:50 PM »

A&A was only mentioned because the OP mentioned it.

If I am honest, the OP needs to decide how they want their service. I am not saying it acceptable to have poor customer support, but the customer needs to decide where they draw the line and leave if it's not good enough - that means rejecting any concessions and just getting out of there. I know it's a bit more complicated than that, since people will have their own preferences and reasons for using a certain provider, or have worries about leaving, and some customers can be enocuraged to stay with discounts that means they will never leave.

Fair enough but A&A and budget are two words that do not together, that's my only point. So the OP would not be interested in them.

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »

Thanks for explaining, i moved from BT to TT i didn't pay anything and i am still with TT.

Apologies I misread your post.  TT typically don't charge for you to become their customer; it's the escape back to a BTw connection that costs.

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 12:30:31 PM »

Apologies I misread your post.  TT typically don't charge for you to become their customer; it's the escape back to a BTw connection that costs.

Thanks for explaining, we have had good service from TT for more than 10 years so with luck we will never have to pay to leave.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2020, 01:20:00 AM »

Imagine recommending A&A as a budget option lol, I am sorry but they're the opposite of budget.

You can get some pretty good deals with BT with the cashback card, worth looking into it if they're still running it.

Depends.  You could get the low traffic home::1 and rely on the free automated covid topups, their line rental is a tenner, half the price of the big boys.  Probably still not bottom end pricing wise, but I expect mid range.  When I moved over, I was paying sky £60 a month for broadband/line only, and was around the same cost to move.  So other isps are slowly moving closer to aaisp (unless you on a retention's/new customer deal).
Pages: 1 [2]

anything