Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VDSL CAT6 Extension: Confused  (Read 4994 times)

mdesai

• Just arrived
Re: VDSL CAT6 Extension: Confused
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »

ok thanks

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »

It's a rounded enough figure.
39,999 and 39,997 are essentially the same.

In this case it's 32,399/32,397.

32.4Mb is 1 of the banded levels often used by OpenReach.
The high SNRM confirms the line is banded/capped.

This is due to too many resyncs while swapping modems.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

mdesai

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »

The quality control on the NTE5C and VDSL Mk4 SSFP combination seems to be quite poor. Some do clip on properly, some fit ridiculously tightly (like Alex Atkin's) and some just come off without touching the clips (like yours and also mine). What you can do to improve this, with the faceplate off, is gently warm the clips that go into the master socket using your hands then gently and repeatedly bend them outwards. I did this to mine and it is now much better and doesn't fall off all the time.

This tip is an essential for the MK4 SSFP plate. Completely fixed it! Can now hear a audible click when replacing it. Really made it solid. Almost as solid as screws. Takes a lot of effort to remove. Only now removes when you want it to by pinching both sides. Thanks for the tip  ;D

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »

Welcome to the kitz forum.  :)

The effect is understandable and I can confirm that there is no fault. As you have extended the data port to the extension socket, the original data socket at the SSFP must not be used. When tested at the SSFP socket, the data extension wiring will appear as a bridging tap across the pair --  with the end result that you have observed.

wow 😲
what about telephone side? I have 2 phones and one is connected next to filter and other i think is 15-20 meters away but both are connected after the filter
VDSL FTTC 35/18

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »

what about telephone side? I have 2 phones and one is connected next to filter and other i think is 15-20 meters away but both are connected after the filter

There will be a low-pass filter that provides the audio signal for the telephony side. The presence of that low-pass filter makes the telephony connections "invisible" to the higher, radio, frequencies of the xDSL circuit. Hence no bridging tap and no problem.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything