Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: no more new petrol/diesel from 2030  (Read 2246 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: no more new petrol/diesel from 2030
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 10:58:42 AM »

Anybody for a Telsa Model 3? Had this email through this morning - I entered a Tesla competition once.

Drive our newest Model 3 Standard Range Plus for only £ 399 p/m*.

Model 3 Standard Range Plus now comes with a new exterior and interior updates, including a power trunk as well as increased range and improved cold weather efficiency. Search our new inventory online to find your match.

*Representative Example | 48 fixed monthly payments of £485 | On-the-road cash price £40,490 | Total down payment £9,100 | Total amount of credit £34,335 | Optional Final Payment £16,071 | Interest charges £5,035 | Fixed rate of interest per year 4.90% | Length of agreement 48 months | Total amount payable £48,470 | Representative APR 4.90% | Mileage per annum 10,000 | Excess mileage charge 14 ppm (Plus VAT).

This representative example applies to new vehicles ordered to November 30, 2020.

Well out of my price band, I've owned my 11 year old dirty VW for just over seven years, done just over 53,000 miles, total cost including purchase of the car, servicing (mostly done myself), fuel (£8600 / 7329ltrs), insurance, road tax, road tolls, mot's, parts, tyres etc comes to just over £30k.

Yes it would be nice to drive a nice new Tesla, but for the time being whilst I'm saving for my retirement I think I'll carry on with my VW diesel as its substantially cheaper.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »

It’s easy to be smitten by test drive promotions.

About 20 years ago, Saab offered me a 24 hour loan of a car of my choosing.  I chose one of the less common  ‘high output turbo’ 9-3s which was delivered to my door the following Friday.  It was perfectly detailed, less than 100 miles on clock, and a complimentary full tank of petrol.  I used it to visit a friend who lived about 150 miles away, 300 miles round trip.

When they came to collect it there was no hard sell, he just thanked me for the keys and off he drove.  No follow up phone calls either.

All of this didn’t cost me a penny.  I was so grateful that I even ordered a new car a couple of weeks later.   I guess Saab’s marketing pysychologists had me figured out pretty well.  :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »

Before I became too ill to drive, I test drove both two wheel drive and four wheel drive versions of a well known german car. I chose the two wheel drive one, having had a number of years driving four wheel drive cars before. I got it wrong. I wasn’t a good enough driver to cope with the two wheel drive one. I should have followed 7LM’s example and secured a 24hr test drive of each. And then later on, despite her having driven it, my wife one day, long afterwards, declared that she found it too scary and had wanted me to buy something else instead, her secret desire, but she never let me in on it at the time.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:05 PM »

. . . I test drove both two wheel drive and four wheel drive versions of a well known german car. I chose the two wheel drive one, . . .

Was that the "blue beast"?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 05:08:43 PM »

It was. Mrs Weaver later confessed that she had wanted me to but the late Sean Connery’s on-screen favourite, but she never said anything at the time. I had very much wanted something that she would enjoy driving too. She had liked the Subarus that I had before.
Pages: 1 2 [3]