Announcements > Site & Forum Discussion

Registering.

(1/3) > >>

maxheadroom:
Its been a few years since i have been on the site and came across the forum when searching google, i tried to register as i forgot i was already registered and i noticed something that may stop people in their tracks,  the question goes  something like "What is the location  of the navigation key at the top of the forum" i am sure a lot of people especially the younger mobile phone generation who don't use forums regularly wouldn't have a clue what the question means so you may be losing members because of it, just a thought.

roseway:
Thank you for the suggestion, and I'm sorry that you aren't getting a response. I'm unclear about where you encountered this question. I experimentally registered with a test ID, and there were no obscure questions to answer. Perhaps you could enlarge on the issue?

broadstairs:
Just a thought - perhaps there is a difference if you try to register an already registered ID?

Stuart

roseway:
Thanks for the suggestion Stuart, but if you try that, you get a message to say that the name is already in use by another member, and it won't let you proceed.

j0hn:
If i try to register on the site I am challenged with a captcha and 3 anti spam questions.

Last night the questions were about the previous president beginning with o, something you wear on your wrist beginning with w, and what is this site about, beginning with b.

Today i get.
What location is on the first navigation tab above (Begins with h):
What colour is the site logo? (Begins with b):
What is the domain name of this site? (Begins with k):

--- Quote ---i am sure a lot of people especially the younger mobile phone generation who don't use forums regularly wouldn't have a clue what the question means
--- End quote ---

I think you're doing youngsters a disservice.

I think youngsters with mobile phones are far more likely to know what a navigation tab is compared to many of the older generation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version