Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A positive OR experience  (Read 846 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
A positive OR experience
« on: November 17, 2020, 12:22:51 AM »

Here it is, for Black Sheep: several positive OpenReach experiences, warts and all.

Having had several dreadful low downstream sync rate faults, on multiple lines at various times this year, all recorded in other threads, I have to remind myself that every time, OR engineers did succeed in fixing the faults. That is true even though they in some cases didn’t know that they had fixed the problems! So we don’t know how they were doing it. The latest fault took two engineer visits, first time out two engineers then one returned because the fault wasn’t fixed and he hadn’t tested the issue at all the first time, and left before I could test it myself, since I was in bed and actually fell asleep as usual due to ME. The engineer seemed very unhelpful and wasn’t focused on the issue which was extremely poor sync rate.

But whatever, the problem was sorted out yet again and all downstream sync rates are superb now. I just wish we knew how.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: A positive OR experience
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »

Thank you, Weaver ...... having once spent quite a time plotting your distribution cable route and length, from the Cab to your DP ... and knowing you live at the edges of hell (weather wise  ;) ), then I tip my hat to the guys working your area.

I think the natives up there must be born with a coating of blubber .... brrrr.  :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »

For which I thank you again, my friend.

It’s not cold here, warm because of the sea, but very wet and sometimes incredibly windy. 90 mph is blowy, 130 mph is almost a hurricane, like Jan 2005. Many of our engineers are locals born in the area, so they just think it’s normal, but the rest of us are not out in it when it’s bad, we’re enjoying toasty stoves, open fires and Rayburns and listening to the distant roar of the gale behind six feet thickness of stone wall.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

You've sold the image to me, Weaver ..................................................... when I retire  ;) ;D ;D

Sounds bliss.

anything