Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Postimage.  (Read 6064 times)

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
Postimage.
« on: November 15, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »

Registration optional and you get direct link option unlike a lot of these types of site.

Get permanent links for Facebook, Twitter, message boards and blogs.

https://postimages.org/

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Postimage.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »

I use it all the time.

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »

Nice one, i particularly like the Upload by by URL option - https://postimages.org/web

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »

I've used it quite a few times as well.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »

I'll stick to uploading to my VPS as these kinds of services too often come and go.  Seen plenty of old message board posts over the years where the image host has gone, or pulled the images.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »

I'll stick to uploading to my VPS as these kinds of services too often come and go.  Seen plenty of old message board posts over the years where the image host has gone, or pulled the images.

There is always that risk and many will remember what photobucket did to their users a couple of years ago, i only use postimage for forums its been around since 2004 so i doubt it'll be going anywhere soon.

About Postimage

Postimage was founded in 2004 to provide message boards with an easy way to upload images for free. Postimage is a very simple, fast and reliable free image service. It's perfect for linking to auctions, message boards, blogs and other websites. Postimage guarantees maximum uptime and performance so that your image will be here whenever you need it. There is no registration or login; all you have to do is submit your picture. With continuous upgrades and dedicated staff Postimage is the #1 solution for Free Image Hosting.

Install the Simple image upload mod today and experience the ease of uploading images right from the posting page.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »

I only use it for casual use, where the picture only serves a purpose at that time. I got caught out big time with Photobucket, that ruined my cinema build thread, although I have started to edit all the posts and fix the pictures there's probably hundreds left to do.

But how is Post image funded, someone has to pay for the hosting, staff and other bills?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »

But how is Post image funded, someone has to pay for the hosting, staff and other bills?

They have a paid for version but for some reason its fairly hidden - https://postimages.org/plans