Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update On Our Village FTTP Install.  (Read 2102 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Some praise for BTOR.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 09:11:12 PM »

And all that chit-chat and pedantry/accuracy was off-topic anyway.

Peace and love to all.  ;D  Play nicely.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:56 PM »

It took me 2 hours to write it.

I do not know why I bother, it's just a mess now, thanks.

I enjoyed reading your positive experience.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »

As did I. With some jealousy. My mind can hardly cope with the thought of a connection that is lightning-proof, cheap, and 90 [1] times faster downstream, 900 [!!] times faster upstream. It would be like the change from dial-up to DSL all over again, but much much larger in fact.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 12:20:33 AM »

@Mike, apols if you were offended, as clearly you were offended.

It’s sometimes frustrating to start, or contribute to, a thread, then see it head off in unintended directions. I have experienced same myself, I am sure we all have.

I suppose my own view tends to be that if there is an outstanding question, either in the original post or recent contributions, then it is rude to ignore or dismiss it, which does annoy me.    Otherwise my perception is...  it’s an internet forum, going off topic is not a crime, or not yet anyway.

Not much different to chatting to friends in the pub (if only, ever again).  If I ask a question, I’d expect it to be acknowledged.  But if I merely express a point of view then chances are it might simply act as a spur to further conversation.   I’ll still be happy to engage in that conversation, even if irrelevant to my earlier contribution.

In this case there was no question posted and no question outstanding, hence I perceived no rudeness.   I personally had nothing to add to your excellent post, and especially since since it was posted in a ‘chat’ area of the forum,  I engaged Licquorice and Burakkucat in off-topic debate.  Apologies again as clearly on this instance,  my perception was flawed, offence has been caused. :-[

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 12:31:21 AM »

I certainly can’t talk; the king of off-topickery and irrelevant or speculative nonsense.  :-[

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

Ha ha ..... I was looking forward to a good read about a positive OR experience. I've put mi' popcorn back on the shelf for next time ... in the eternal hope there will be a next time.  ;) ;D

I did see your comments in another post about 'it would be nice to see some positive OR experience', so I tried hard to do a post with some positive news but it all went 'Pete Tong' .
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 12:27:11 AM »

I did see your comments in another post about 'it would be nice to see some positive OR experience', so I tried hard to do a post with some positive news but it all went 'Pete Tong' .

Thanks for clarifying your objectives in starting the thread.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »

That's very kind of you tickmike .... i'm guessing my other post mentioned the many thousands of faults and provisions that we perform daily, in all weathers, in all terrain ... that generally go un-noticed, cos' nobody thanks the proverbial milkman for delivering their milk everyday ... but they'd have something to say the day that it wasn't.

Hey-ho, such is life, such is folk.  :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Update On Our Village FTTP Install.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

I can thank Openreach engineers more; I forget but I’ve had about five or six callouts this year as I have four lines not one, so four times as many faults plus they are very long and also I keep getting lightning strikes once or twice a year, bad one in Feb which caused real damage to the lines and a near miss a few weeks back which required two call outs and two engineers on the first one for some daft reason - one chap could have done two lines in one visit. When I get a polite and knowledgeable engineer who does not frighten Mrs Weaver  ;) I use this website to thank them :
    https://www.formwize.openreach.co.uk/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c
- I’m not sure about that link, it looks as if it has perhaps been individualised and decorated. You might need to edit it.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything