Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Another engineer visit  (Read 826 times)

Woppy101

Another engineer visit
« on: October 31, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »

Got another OR engineer coming out in a week(6th in 3 years) as I lost another 5mb off my speed mid week, started at 80mb 3 years ago now down to 60, got my first helpful CS agent though, she has put it into the notes that I can leave penalty free if they can’t get my speed back, cheeky gits even have even knocked off 10mb of my acceptable range was 78-55mb in feb now down to 65-50mb

sof006

• Reg Member
Re: Another engineer visit
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:45:54 PM »

Got another OR engineer coming out in a week(6th in 3 years) as I lost another 5mb off my speed mid week, started at 80mb 3 years ago now down to 60, got my first helpful CS agent though, she has put it into the notes that I can leave penalty free if they can’t get my speed back, cheeky gits even have even knocked off 10mb of my acceptable range was 78-55mb in feb now down to 65-50mb

I imagine they have done this because they're aware that FTTC equipment is incapable of sustaining speeds above a certain speed when too much crosstalk comes into play. Also Openreach probably has their eyes set on FTTP too much to care.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Another engineer visit
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 09:01:24 AM »

Let us know how you get on, but I suspect this is all down to crosstalk and you'll unfortunately have to live with it.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A