Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Openreach local work  (Read 4684 times)

jimmyca69

Re: Openreach local work
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »

Possibly an odd question but as I patiently ;D wait for FTTP to be available after recent work here (and the random flyer  :'(), I currently randomly check three sites to see if anything has changed for my address.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband
https://www.bt.com/broadband/full-fibre
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

I was wondering whether there was one of these that would inevitably be updated first once the status does change, or whether all search the same info so it would be a case of all being updated at the same time?

Thanks

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 12:20:43 PM »

Openreach.com should update 1st.

The other 2 usually don't update immediately and in my case it was over a month till BT Wholesale updated and they would take any order from my address.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

jimmyca69

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 05:51:05 PM »

Openreach.com should update 1st.

The other 2 usually don't update immediately and in my case it was over a month till BT Wholesale updated and they would take any order from my address.

Thanks John

The Openreach site for me still says "we don't have any plans to upgrade your area to full fibre", but I think I read somewhere that the retro new build sites didn't tend to get reflected on that site until after it was commissioned? Not sure if I dreamt that though.

Noticed a Telent guy today turn up outside my house, lifted nearest manifold in ground to look at something and then drove off  :D

jimmyca69

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »

Latest update on this is that I dropped OR a line beginning of last week to ask about the leaflet drop and whether it was premature/incorrect, I wasn't expecting a response but fair play I got this back today:

My apologies, it would seem that the leaflet that has been delivered to your premise was slightly premature.
We have received confirmation that your premises is included in a project for Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). As I’m sure you can appreciate, installing fibre is a technical complex civil engineering project.  Therefore any dates we give you are only estimates and are subject to change.  The current completion date is the end of December 2020 for the whole project, but again this can change (earlier or later).
When we plan fibre jobs we have to take into account all aspects of the work required and give realistic timescales, however these are provisional dates only and are barring no unforeseen issues along the way.
My advice is to monitor our website for updates.  When the fibre is available and orders can be accepted, this information will be given via this link:
http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx 

The site linked doesn't work for me, but assume it's same as the OR one I linked before. But at least I know it is happening and I just need to be patient now.

jimmyca69

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »

Question - did my usual daily checks just now and noticed a change....

openreach.com fibre checker - no change says FTTC only, no plans in area
BT.com - no change FTTC only available for me
BT Wholesale checker - Under featured products, FTTP on demand has changed since end of last week from 330/30 to now saying 1000/220.

It still says FTTP is not available at bottom of the page and it's still listed as FFTPoD under the products but can anyone advise on what this means in the wider scheme of things?

Could this be part of the systems updating to reflect move to FTTP, or could it be bad news that progress halted and infrastructure there for 1000/220 but only via FTTPoD?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything