Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: openreach fttp roll out question..  (Read 1266 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
openreach fttp roll out question..
« on: June 13, 2021, 03:21:52 PM »

hi,

just interested to know if anyone has maybe had any experience of contacting openreach with regards to fttp roll out and the replies I received..

I filled in the form they have on the website asking whether there was any possibility my town would see any openreach fttp. Apart from copper/ vdsl and VM services (not in our road but a heavily vm installed town) there is nothing else. We are classed as urban area.

So the first reply I received was a standard email advising I would get a response within 5 days as they needed time to investigate my question/query.

5 days later I got an email from the "fibre enquiries team" with non reply email address.

I am wondering just how accurate the information is given I can't see my exchange/town listed in any of the Openreach fttp rollout blurb and I see no roadworks for example on roadworks.org for 12 months. Also the mention of the equipment you are connected to is getting an upgrade... hmmm not sure about that one.

I am just interested in others view on just how accurate this may really be given I can't find any mention of our town in the roll out lists anywhere...

I would truly love to believe it but I am not so sure..

thoughts?, thanks

Some of the response as below...

"Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.   

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home. I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you fibre to the premises.

Our engineering will take place over the coming year/s. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of April 2022.

We’d love to keep you up to date with our progress. To receive any future updates please go to our fibre checker, input your postcode, choose your address from the drop-down, then scroll past the availability information and complete the Gigabit Fibre form and we’ll update you once plans change

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: openreach fttp roll out question..
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 03:44:12 PM »

It's accurate.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:59 PM »

However I wouldn't hold your breath regarding the "we'll keep you updated".  I filled in that form years ago and they've never once e-mailed me that I recall, despite the fact my area is now "in progress".

I suspect they will, once its finished, probably after I've already ordered the service. ;)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »

just interested to know if anyone has maybe had any experience of contacting openreach with regards to fttp roll out and the replies I received..

I didn't know that it was possible to ask Openreach in this manner but following your post did so last night.

This morning, I got an identical reply to you but quoting July 2022. This is in London, on a non-VM road, where Community Fibre are also expected. g.fast is available but we are too far away for that.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 11:45:54 AM »

They were very helpful after the initial email which was just a copy and pasted press release. They told me Wandsworth was in plan despite this not being listed on the website yet.

2022/23 they said to me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:49:11 AM by GigabitEthernet »

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 01:33:22 PM »

I found the form too, I have a feeling if too many requests get sent this form will disappear  :-\

anything