Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Vodafone pro ii hub and max number of 6e boosters  (Read 2702 times)

timdf911

Vodafone pro ii hub and max number of 6e boosters
« on: July 27, 2023, 06:07:16 PM »

Hi,
I finally have Vodafone pro II 900M installed and working - all good but still after two months they've not managed to activate the 4g backup dongle !
Anyway ignoring the 4g backup dongle debacle I was wondering if the ultra hub would support more than three 6e boosters ?

I currently have three 6e boosters linking back to the hub but could really do with a fourth to fill in a coverage gap.

I suspect the Ultra hub gui only supports three so it might not be possible to add a fourth.

Does anyone have any experience of adding more than 3 boosters ?

Regards Tim

timdf911

Re: Vodafone pro ii hub and max number of 6e boosters
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 12:55:40 PM »

Just a quick update.

After 2 months Vodafone have finally managed to activate my 4g dongle for back up.

With regard to boosters, I got passed through all the various VF depts landing up where I started.  It seems there's no VF mechanism to get a 4th booster - seems their internal systems just aren't set up to provide a fourth unit.

Regards Tim

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Vodafone pro ii hub and max number of 6e boosters
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 02:29:08 PM »

If you can hard-wire back, you can always get a plain WiFi Access Point, it just wont seamlessly roam like the boosters I expect do.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors