Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Email Hosting  (Read 7138 times)

Robbie

Email Hosting
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:38:26 PM »

Looking to dip my toe into a paid email hosting service.  Looking around and theemailshop.co.uk caught my eye as a reasonably priced UK-based company.

Does anyone have experience of this company?

Are there better UK-based email hosting options?

(My needs are small, say 5 email accounts, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, proper security, maybe a web page and I have my own domain.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:27:30 PM by Robbie »

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
Re: Email Hosting - theemailshop.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 05:48:20 PM »

I use Names and they host my .co.uk email (I also have my own domain)

They have a reasonable webUI and support most email protocols, no complaints about their service tbh

C

Robbie

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:01:04 PM »

no complaints about their service tbh

C

Thanks, sounds good.  Looking through their packages and not sure what defines a 'user' if you can have unlimited addresses per user.  Unless that means unlimited addresses through to just a single inbox; if so then buying 5 'user' packages for 5 individuals would look expensive.

Having never moved my domain to a different email provider I presume it is easy enough thing to do?

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »

Hi

We offer kitz forum members an offer of hosting/email, which you can read from this link

Many thanks

John

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,18530.0.html

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »

I've been using John's email hosting for around two and half years now and it's been perfect  :thumbs:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Robbie

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »

Hi

We offer kitz forum members an offer of hosting/email, which you can read from this link

Many thanks

John

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,18530.0.html

Thanks John - I was hoping for a UK company so finding one that resides on this forum is a welcome surprise!

Is there a direct link to what it all looks like (apologies if I missed it when looking around)?

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »

Hi Robbie

Many thanks and sorry I do not market our services on the forum.

You would have full control over domain and hosting, within the outlined scope on the link detailing the offer.  We use Interworx Control Panel (which we are fully partnered with and I know the guys/girls) and they have recently been bought by LiquidWeb, who also bought Nexces.

We use all our own equipment/services etc... and our datacentre is in Maidenhead (Pulsant - formerly Bluesquare) but please do not make the mistake that we our in Scotland... a lot of people make that assumption without realising the cidr we use is pulsant, and the registered address for CIDR is headoffice, scotland.

If the above is not what you were asking sorry, please let me know but the essence of the offer is as follows, taken directly from the link

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own and run a hosting company, for many years

We use interworx control panel for the shared platforms (clustered) and I am a moderator on the interworx forums

I would offer anyone who uses this forum a monthly charge of £1.00 plus vat for 2gb space, 20gb mostly bandwidth, for hosting, email (50 email accounts, unlimited email aliases) and 1 MySQL database.

We can even register a domain or you can transfer your domain to us, if you prefer to have everything under 1 place

You will have your own account, which links directly to the Iw-cp etc

The offer is subject to no mass mail, no spam sending etc, and is clearly shown in our terms and conditions, which you must accept to be allowed to use our platforms

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll send you the link to our billing platform, which creates everything up

Oh, and you can have a free SSL as long as the domain is hosted on our platforms, and the A records point to our platforms. However, if you leave, you cannot keep the SSL and our platforms are backup daily using R1soft/idera enterprise

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I normally use Tapatalk, but at moment is not working properly so I have to wait until I am infront of a computer to take part in Kitz as mobile screen is too small.  It's not an issue though and I would rather Kitz rested

Many thanks

John

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »

Thanks John - I've dropped you a PM.

Rob

Robbie

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 12:26:59 PM »

Probably of no surprise to many of you but John takes customer support to a whole new level.

Successfully up and running with my first ever email hosting service using my own domain name!

Brilliant.

;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Email Hosting
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »

Good to hear its all up and running, and welcome to the world of decent email hosting.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »

Probably of no surprise to many of you but John takes customer support to a whole new level.

Successfully up and running with my first ever email hosting service using my own domain name!

Excellent news.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Robbie

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »

Probably should have done it years ago.   :graduate:

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 08:40:40 PM »

Good for you.