Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eci cabinet g.inp & Lower snr at 3.0db  (Read 3020 times)

Ragnarok

Re: Eci cabinet g.inp & Lower snr at 3.0db
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 09:55:39 AM »

Don't count on that, I had to remove my HH5A with OpenWRT from my Plusnet line as it wasn't stable with G.INP enabled.

It would be fine for days then suddenly resync.  I can't remember if that was with 6dB or 3dB SNRm, I didn't want to leave it in case the line got banded or showed up as a problem with the G.INP trial.

The VMG-3925-B10B on the other hand is really stable but syncs lower than the HH5A even at 6dB.

I'm using an upto date modem driver. with Open WRT if someone has extracted that driver you can usually use it.

It's been solid for 2 and a half months now power cuts aside.

Ragnarok

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 06:20:09 AM »

Something new to report. Some major outages over the weekend and road works near the CAB. The ECI cab must have had an update near the same time too, I think it stole some of the upstream tone/bands to give me a higher noise margin on down stream and now have upstream Interleaving too.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »

I think it stole some of the upstream tone/bands to give me a higher noise margin on down stream and now have upstream Interleaving too.

Is that a random guess or are you actually looking at bitloading or something concrete to reach that conclusion?

Band plans are pretty strict. OpenReach uses an of the shelf bandplan with a couple small tweaks.
The same tones/bandplans are used nationwide.
ECI can't just randomly take a bunch of downstream tones and change them to upstream.
There's thousands of sites with ECI and Huawei cabinets on the same PCP. Their bands match (give or take a tone or 2) but don't overlap each other on the downstream/upstream on any tones.

If 1 vendor swapped some of downstream tones for upstream it would cause crosstalk havoc on those tones.

I don't think we've seen a band plan change in VDSL2 for about 7-8 years and it was a small tweaks to stop the 2 vendors overlapping by a couple tones.

See: VDSL tones in use

The pbparams command on Broadcom chipsets gives the tones in use by the DSLAM.
There's probably an equivalent for Lantiq.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:47:42 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 03:18:00 PM »

I'm using an upto date modem driver. with Open WRT if someone has extracted that driver you can usually use it.

It's been solid for 2 and a half months now power cuts aside.

Newer driver than what is in OpenWRT by default?  I'd certainly be curious to give it another try if so.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ragnarok

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »

Is that a random guess or are you actually looking at bitloading or something concrete to reach that conclusion?

Band plans are pretty strict. OpenReach uses an of the shelf bandplan with a couple small tweaks.
The same tones/bandplans are used nationwide.
ECI can't just randomly take a bunch of downstream tones and change them to upstream.
There's thousands of sites with ECI and Huawei cabinets on the same PCP. Their bands match (give or take a tone or 2) but don't overlap each other on the downstream/upstream on any tones.

If 1 vendor swapped some of downstream tones for upstream it would cause crosstalk havoc on those tones.

I don't think we've seen a band plan change in VDSL2 for about 7-8 years and it was a small tweaks to stop the 2 vendors overlapping by a couple tones.

See: VDSL tones in use

The pbparams command on Broadcom chipsets gives the tones in use by the DSLAM.
There's probably an equivalent for Lantiq.

Guessing i was.

I suspect now it's just ever increasing upstream interleaving. now followed by upstream banding. DLM never touched the upstream previously,  upstream in the last 2 weeks it's got cut in half.
Pages: 1 [2]