Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Error when logging in via Tapatalk?  (Read 3705 times)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
Error when logging in via Tapatalk?
« on: August 28, 2020, 12:06:54 PM »

When I try to login via Tapatalk I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
Server error occurred:
Call to undefined function
get_auth_secret() (Subs-
Auth.php:129)

If I use an unknown username an appropriate error message is displayed and if I use the wrong password this also displays an appropriate message.

The message is only displayed when I use the correct username and password and it obviously doesn't log me in.

Anyone else having the same problem or know what the problem is?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:09:05 PM by ktz392837 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Error when logging in via Tapatalk?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »

Thanks for letting me know.
I'll have a look see if I can see anything

It seems tapatalk doesnt play nice with the latest version of SMF and causes the following error undefined function get_auth_secret()  issue  :/
There is a bug fix which I will install asap.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:48:41 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:36:06 AM »

ETA   

Update failed. :(

Looking at the source code their are several areas where it has failed due to differences between actual functions and the code to be replaced.   
This means I will have to manually find and replace the relevant code in a few of the core files.     As its not a 2 min fix leave with me until I've had time to work through the code and see what is missing and what needs replacing.  Unfortunately SMF wont provide support for the tapatalk extension and although it looks like someone hit a similar problem they were met with not much help.      I'll see what I can do when I've inspected the code more closely and get back to you.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 10:29:05 AM »

I'll see what I can do when I've inspected the code more closely and get back to you.

Thanks Kitz. 

If anyone else is using Tapatalk I suggest doing nothing that may cause you to have to login otherwise you may experience the same problem.

I hope a fix is possible as for me Tapatalk is so much easier.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 12:21:54 PM »

It's seldom, if ever that tapatalk updates are straight forward.    :'(   Even the easier ones require some additional changes to the usual process

Not sure why their code isn't compliant with SMF.... but it's the reason why SMF wont support them any more and their updates aren't even distributed via the package manager nor any notification support for updates.

When I tried to install this morning, there are two large files which have several differences in the core code and the replace function fails to find what code it should be replacing.    I'll take the forum off line sometime during quieter hours and see if it something which can be manually replaced. 

-----

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 08:22:13 PM »

I'll take the forum off line sometime during quieter hours and see if it something which can be manually replaced.

Suffering quite severe withdrawal symptoms having to use the browser instead of Tapatalk. 

Basically using the browser on mobile is impossible for me so I am tied to only replying with desktop PC. 

I hope it can be made to work simply.

Thanks

[just noticed your update regarding broken bones - obviously Tapatalk is not important i'll just deal with the loss until you are sorted :) pity the quick fix didn't work]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 08:34:18 PM by ktz392837 »

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »

Kitz I hope you are on the mend.  Just wondering if there is any news on the Tapatalk logging in issue?  Thanks

anything