Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue  (Read 9358 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »

The funny thing is a check has been done on all of my neighbours and they are still all showing as connected to Cabinet 1 on the live system (not the public one) it's just my own line that has changed to exchange only.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if other lines are incorrect, but just haven't been checked or updated, your has as that's the one that's had the complaint/problems.

Did you ask neighbours if they had Fibre/VDSL/FTTC, I thought you had but skimming through the recent posts can't find it? I use the term fibre incorrectly as that's what VDSL has been marketed as and your neighbours might know it as that.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Freedom2

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if other lines are incorrect, but just haven't been checked or updated, your has as that's the one that's had the complaint/problems.

Did you ask neighbours if they had Fibre/VDSL/FTTC, I thought you had but skimming through the recent posts can't find it? I use the term fibre incorrectly as that's what VDSL has been marketed as and your neighbours might know it as that.

I have had neighbours very close to me say that they have fibre, yes. Now of course they could be mistaken and they actually don't, but having a shielding person in the house, I'm not too fond of going in other peoples houses, especially as someone who works in education myself and the neighbour in question being a key worker.

Thing is though even on the old database, before the correction, there was a disparity of 300m of line length on this property (700m) versus the other side of the semi-detached building that can get fibre (just over 1km) which obviously makes no sense if everything was equal.

That made me curious so I did some maths and route estimations. I come up to close to 1km from house, to cabinet to exchange and I come up with close to 700m for the distance directly to exchange which would explain the disparity between both sides of the building.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »

the requirement for sky to submit order i expect is regulatory even though its stupid as it cant be submitted.  essentially sky themselves need to escalate within openreach but seemingly seem incapable of doing so.

Freedom2

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »

the requirement for sky to submit order i expect is regulatory even though its stupid as it cant be submitted.  essentially sky themselves need to escalate within openreach but seemingly seem incapable of doing so.

The person who led the investigation from Sky has confirmed that discussions with the executive team at Openreach have taken place but they have been unable to make a breakthrough because of the continued intransigence from Openreach.

When they have enquired about the previous order that was closed and getting it re-opened as they are not able to place a new one, to try and break the deadlock, they have been getting stonewalled with the following response.

The order in question has been closed. If you need anything else, place another order.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:14:04 PM by Freedom2 »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2020, 07:19:47 AM »

Thats the problem Freedom2, you getting the story from sky, but you cant be sure you given the full story, the solution to this type of mess is to let openreach deal with consumers direct.  But of course sky and talktalk wont let it happen and ofcom are pampering to the LLU providers.

I remember when a car crashed into my cabinet, sky gave me a story, I then spoke to openreach and I got the full details of what was happening.

The question is. is there a way to manually submit an order getting around the automatic rejection of it been exchange only, I think there is a way.  Maybe Black Sheep can offer some insight on that.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »

There is or certainly was a way for ISPs to submit manual orders where they thought the databases were wrong. I imagine that still exists.

Freedom2 - you may have more luck with a different ISP

Freedom2

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »

Thats the problem Freedom2, you getting the story from sky, but you cant be sure you given the full story, the solution to this type of mess is to let openreach deal with consumers direct.  But of course sky and talktalk wont let it happen and ofcom are pampering to the LLU providers.

I am also dealing with Openreach High Level Complaints who have displayed nothing but intransigence.

Openreach HLC have been highly evasive and stonewalling questions with a request for another order. I sent a detailed summary to high level complaints and I got an email back simply asking to place another order, not addressing a single point that people on this thread have raised and I raised myself despite being prompted several times. This is the same kind of attitude apparently Sky have encountered .

Lets remember that Openreach themselves said they were working on correcting the routing but then a short while later inexplicably closed the order (despite indicating they would do the work under that order) and changed the database so a new order could not be placed and then said they couldn't do the work they said they would do under the previous order until a new one was placed.

Freedom2

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2020, 10:08:21 AM »

There is or certainly was a way for ISPs to submit manual orders where they thought the databases were wrong. I imagine that still exists.

Freedom2 - you may have more luck with a different ISP

The database IS correct now - the live one available to providers says exchange only and all the providers who have updated their checkers in the last few days are showing the line as exchange only, so it's not a database error. I've also had it confirmed that the last database update in the last few days made available to providers changed my record.

The Openreach fibre checker and the BT Wholesale DSL checker show FTTC is possible as do all BT Consumer Group ISPs, but places like TalkTalk etc and the other names are now also agreeing that it's an exchange only line, which was not the case a few days ago before the update.

I work in education and I have a shielding person here, Also with Sky TV in the house and a telephone number that it's not straightforward to port. It is simply not acceptable to deal with any downtime at present, I cannot risk it. In normal times I'd just have agreed to suck up the downtime and use 4G in the meantime and go to AAISP as I'm sure they'd be on the ball, but having to reconfigure the whole setup here and dealing with downtime is not acceptable in these times and would force me back into work several days a week and having to foot the care bill for a person who had major surgery, it's a non-starter right now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 10:11:42 AM by Freedom2 »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »

I am rather confused about your experience with the 'High Level Complaints' team, as I know fine well what a brilliant job they do.

When a HLC is raised, their team contact the operations manager for the area in question and he/she have to nominate the best person for the task .... most engineers are multi-skilled, but some will have greater knowledge in a particular skill-set.

When the engineer receives the task, they will also receive an accompanying e-mail with a full historical breakdown of the issue, including all notes from previous engineers and the ISP.
Once the info has been read, they then have to make contact with the HLC team by way of a phone call to ensure they have understood what the issue is and the result that is expected of them.

At the end of the task, they have to have another phone call with the HLC team who scrutinise any and all test results performed and have an in-depth conversation about the engineers findings. Only when they are happy that the issue has been fully resolved, or we have gone as far as we can within our remit  ... will they close the case down.

Having done many of the HLC's myself, I can assure you their department really aren't intransigent. The polar opposite, in fact.

I may get time to have a look-see later on, if you can give me your DP number ??. No other info please, simply your Exchange and DP.

Freedom2

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »

I sent HLC a detailed email, detailing the complete situation and the only comment they made was really

At the moment, we don’t have an order from Sky to provide a fibre broadband service. We need an order to be placed before we can complete the necessary work.

Every single comment I made about the actual situation was stonewalled with discussion about an order needing to be placed and avoiding entering a discussion on absolutely anything else. A couple more emails went backwards and forwards in the chain and still there was a refusal to engage in the crux of the matter.

The last email I had from them said that they have contacted Sky and Sky would get in contact shortly and that it is industry standard for me to deal with my provider for updates. Sky then said to me that essentially they'd been told the same as me, to place a new order and they tried doing that but were unable to do so. They then went back to Openreach who were said to be intransigent.

I then followed up with HLC on Thursday evening detailing the situation and the fact we are now at an impasse and I haven't heard anything back since.

What's the best way of getting the DP Number? The Openreach checker seemingly doesn't leak it in the headers anymore, only the UPRN, and Nadkey.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:13:53 PM by Freedom2 »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2020, 12:21:32 PM »

Are you able to provide a DP number ?? Are you fed from a telegraph pole, as there should be identification numbers nailed in place approx 5ft up from the ground ??

If fed underground, then I would need an address to locate the DP number on our prints, as you wont have vision of its identification.

Again, knowing my side of the business, I would be very surprised if HLC were being intransigent. I can not put over strongly enough the emphasis from 'them above' on getting results. I suppose playing the percentages game it can happen, but I fear there may be more to this than we are seeing ??

Freedom2

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2020, 12:25:59 PM »

It's not fed from telegraph poles, I was previously asked by Sky to check if it was to see if the other properties in the area are going to the same pole etc. Will PM you over some more details shortly.

The strange thing is next door of the other semi-detached house, is apparently 1km from the exchange and all the doors down from that is around the same and I am 700m, which suggests something is not right with records unless that 300m extra is defined by the diversion to the cabinet that mine doesn't have as my walls are not 300m thick!!!

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »

Spotted you PM after I posted the above. Have sent you a reply.  :)

Freedom2

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »

Two engineers were out to the PCP1 (not fibre) cabinet this morning, had no sync for a while until just now and was about to log a fault through fear they'd ceased the ADSL2+ as it didn't seem to be coming back.

No idea what they were doing as I've had no notification any work was being done but hopefully it's a sign of progress.

Edit: Sync has gone again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:29:04 AM by Freedom2 »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:16 AM »

Perhaps they are re-routing your line, check and see if the sync speed has changed when it comes back up.

When I made the complaint about my brothers fault  I was informed of some engineer visits but the fault was fixed by a mysterious engineer that no one was aware of.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8