Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue  (Read 9368 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »

Perhaps I should not mention that the cabinet based DSLAM is of ECI manufacture . . .  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Freedom2

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »

Great result and certainly more in keeping with the HLC I know and love.  ;) :)

As we also know .... there are bags of free spare VDSL ports since the expansion, so the task should progress smoothly from here on in.

There, I've done it now.  ;D ;D

You've been a great help so really thanks a bunch for this, seems we're on the home straight now.

Honestly, I'm really surprised with how quickly HLC have worked this week, felt like they'll stop at nothing to fix things up and the new case manager really has took charge of things and took ownership of the situation and ended the 'to and fro culture that's been going on for weeks. Totally confident it will be fine now and he'll step in and deal with any issues if they should come up.

Perhaps I should not mention that the cabinet based DSLAM is of ECI manufacture . . .  :-X

There's a second one there next to it, which was added earlier this year, which I should be on, so hopefully I will bypass what you are implying!!

Just got go live date through of 23rd September as it stands.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:33:03 PM by Freedom2 »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »

The incremental build is indeed Huwaei. Luck of the draw now whether a spare port becomes available on the ECI, or capacity issues ensure you are allocated a new Huwaei port ?.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2020, 07:39:17 PM »

There's a second one there next to it, which was added earlier this year, which I should be on, so hopefully I will bypass what you are implying!!

The incremental build is indeed Huwaei. Luck of the draw now whether a spare port becomes available on the ECI, or capacity issues ensure you are allocated a new Huwaei port ?.

That's good to know. (Unless all the pre-existing users, originally connected via ECI M41, have managed to get themselves transferred to the Huawei MA5616 . . .  :P  )

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »

Take it from moi ..... there are plenty of spares on the Huwaei  ;)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2020, 08:13:55 PM »

That's great news, glad to hear that in the end (although not quite there yet) that HLC got it sorted, perhaps a quick request to the case manager to get you on the Huawei cab might pay off  ;)

Mind you, with all the problems you've had, you'd think they connect you ASAP.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Freedom2

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2020, 08:32:40 PM »

That's great news, glad to hear that in the end (although not quite there yet) that HLC got it sorted, perhaps a quick request to the case manager to get you on the Huawei cab might pay off  ;)

Mind you, with all the problems you've had, you'd think they connect you ASAP.

The last I heard from the case manager late afternoon was that Sky are keeping him in the loop so he can get the FTTC sorted once they have raised the new order etc so something along those lines might very well happen.

Notification of the date came after that from Sky.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:35:00 PM by Freedom2 »

Freedom2

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2020, 05:11:00 PM »

Brief Update.

Sky have confirmed that they are liaising with the Director of Service office in Openreach in relation to  expediting the migration to FTTC. No dates or anything yet.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2020, 05:33:28 PM »

I can only guess, but I would imagine there's quite a lot goes on behind the scenes to bring VDSL to your doorstep ??

All sorts of systems will be at play creating orders, routings, billing, IP addressing, engineering cab work plus probably a hundred other things that we, Joe Public, probably won't ever consider ??.

Ask my missus what goes into making a light work and she'll just think you glue a switch-plate to the wall and voila !!!  ;D ;D 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2020, 05:46:16 PM »

I can only guess, but I would imagine there's quite a lot goes on behind the scenes to bring VDSL to your doorstep ??

I presume most of the required activities would be "button pressing", computer based. The only exception being the jumpering of the tie-pairs at the PCP.  :-\

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »

I presume most of the required activities would be "button pressing", computer based. The only exception being the jumpering of the tie-pairs at the PCP.  :-\

Absolutely .... but with each button pressed playing a vital role in the circuits 'make up'. How many buttons ... who knows ??  :-\

Freedom2

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2020, 06:19:15 PM »

Here's the latest.

Whilst I was at work today, (ironically because I needed to upload huge files that were too slow to upload on ADSL2+) I got a call from Openreach on my mobile to say they are about to switch the line over to FTTC and if everything was okay to do so. Engineer said he'd do it and call me if there was any problems he could see, I had no call so I assumed everything worked correctly.

And it actually did! I'm now sync'd at 78224 downstream and 19999 upstream, which is really excellent. I was expecting less, but no doubt they made sure my line was high quality as possible after all the trouble I've had.

I just want to thank everyone on the forum, especially Black Sheep for your help on this situation, whether it's giving me escalation paths, information that helps me guide people to bark up the right tree as opposed to the wrong one or just suggestions that can help me try and kick people into action. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys.

Also thanks to my case manager, SH at Openreach. He has only been on the case for just under a week, but he's handled all communications within Openreach, given Sky a nudge when they need it and, got engineers out all day to fix this on Monday, personally made sure the order went through on Tuesday and kept a close eye on it and got the final bit of work done today. Also to S at Sky, who took over the case earlier this week and has been exceptional and very customer focused.

Have a good weekend all, and keep doing what you are!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 06:58:57 PM by Freedom2 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »

An excellent outcome. Thank you for reporting back with the good news.  :)

I think I can say, on behalf of all who have contributed here: "Happy to have helped."

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2020, 07:33:14 PM »

Great result and thank you for providing the forum with feedback.

As always, a collective effort.  :) :)

Freedom2

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »

Thanks guys! Having just done some work, having the massively increased upload speed makes things so much easier!

Despite the high sync rate and low attenuation only seen speeds of about 49Mbps as highest so far downstream and normally hovering around the 42-43Mbps (ethernet) which is pretty disappointing when you are syncing double that almost. Is that an ISP thing, cabinet/exchange thing, peak time thing, or something else?

I have a guaranteed minimum download speed of 61Mbps, so if it stays like this Sky will be giving me some free months!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

anything