Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue  (Read 9406 times)

Freedom2

Re: Openreach - Three activations missed due to Routing Issue
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »

Well sync is back again now, line stats are the same, still none the wiser.

Word is they might be proving the routing again, early this week, which is not the course of action that I was expecting because that happened the last engineer visit where they confirmed what we already knew, it was an exchange only line.

So unless they have done something since then, I fail to see what it will achieve other than telling them what they already knew.

Freedom2

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 04:16:06 PM »

Well there's been engineers going backwards and forwards since 9.00am and as of 4.00pm once again they're opening the box up down my road for the third time of the day. It seems they are doing something, but I have no idea what as no communication from Openreach to anyone else.

In the last 7 hours I've had about 45 minutes sync on my ADSL2 and a working phone line and the rest of the time no sync and a completely dead phone line. I've had the connection drop out over 30 times from anywhere between a few minutes to over an hour and it's exceptionally frustrating and impossible to work from home.

They haven't told Sky what they are doing and haven't told me despite trying to find out. I'll be glad if they are fixing it, but some communication would be really nice so I could have planned around it with my boss. So in the absence of anything else, Sky have logged a PSTN fault in the hope it might provide some answers.

The saga continues....

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2020, 04:41:58 PM »

The fact your line is dropping out is probably a good sign that they are trying to probe where it is.  I wouldn't expect them to give you a blow by blow of what is going on, I probably would have held off on the PSTN fault as don't want to muddy the waters.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Freedom2

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 05:22:37 PM »

I didn't want to log the PSTN fault but it was causing me so many issues so I had no other choice - work said I need to log a fault in that case just in case and without any further communication I had no idea what was happening.

Engineer has now come to the door and said they've spent the entire day sorting out the circuits, routing and everything else for that matter and line now goes through the cabinet following a fair bit of work.

Sky are unable to place an order still though, because of the PSTN fault that was logged earlier, so now we have to get that closed down and hopefully a new order can be placed.

I've also heard back from High Level Complaints, who have assigned my case to a new case manager who has apologies for today's issues and has said an update is being issued to Sky.

Lets see how things move...

Freedom2

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2020, 07:26:20 PM »

Right, PSTN fault has been dealt with.

Sky have confirmed that they still cannot place the order because the database update is now showing FTTP which they do not offer, rather than FTTC being available, which looks like a database update error.

Therefore it's gone back to high level complaints.to look into.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »

Sky have just launched FTTP actually but that won't help you as it isn't available at your property.

Like like someone made a mistake updating the records.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Freedom2

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »

Mad isn't it. Like a comedy of errors, once you get one issue sorted, another raises it's head.

The conversation with Sky was not the best. Rep I spoke to was adamant that despite what I was saying, that OR were never going to do work to convert someone from exchange only for one person, as it was just too much work with digging, opening up various boxes and rewiring etc. When I told her that is exactly what they have done today she didn't believe me!!!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2020, 08:03:14 PM »

The Sky rep is very correct, they won't do this normally.
However your line should already have been moved from an EO line to a cabinet.

They often need to install ducting to link the EO lines to the cabinet but this work is already done.

Network rearrangements (moving EO lines to a cabinet) is a very expensive and time consuming task.
It is usually work done via BDUK funding which I would assume is what paid for your original rearrangement that went wrong.

If you weren't meant to be on a cabinet there would have been no hope of them doing what they have done for you today.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Freedom2

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2020, 08:17:12 PM »

The Sky rep is very correct, they won't do this normally.
However your line should already have been moved from an EO line to a cabinet.

They often need to install ducting to link the EO lines to the cabinet but this work is already done.

Network rearrangements (moving EO lines to a cabinet) is a very expensive and time consuming task.
It is usually work done via BDUK funding which I would assume is what paid for your original rearrangement that went wrong.

If you weren't meant to be on a cabinet there would have been no hope of them doing what they have done for you today.

Indeed, although I had to stress this point several times tonight about why it was done and I still think the rep was sceptical about it as she kept stonewalling me with the fact that it hasn't happened and I must have misunderstood something and nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future and she wants to close the case down as there is nothing new today.

I managed to get her to leave it open for another 24 hours after some tough bargaining. That will give me time to either get Openreach to issue another update to Sky confirming what I am saying and/or getting the database corrected through HLC.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »

Put your UPRN into this site, Freedom2 ..... https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

VDSL shows as available to you now.  ;) :)

Freedom2

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2020, 08:33:28 PM »

Been saying that all the way through, even yesterday and all throughout last week when the live system was showing as Exchange Only. I've been told to disregard what it out of date.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2020, 08:39:14 PM »

As mentioned in PM .... what has definitely changed is your routing status on OR's records. This can sometimes have a dwell time before being visible to other users.

Freedom2

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »

Quick Update.

Openreach HLC have now issued Sky with a comprehensive update outlining the order can be placed and the work that was carried out yesterday, confirming what I said.

Sky have now placed the order. Meanwhile HLC are going to then ensure that the FTTC order is completed once the order has been placed to make sure it happens.

Have to say since I've had my HLC contact change to a different person they've really pushed the boat out and I can see why people say that they get things done, he's been excellent and more than willing to push things along, both on the Openreach side and also on Sky's side.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »

Have to say since I've had my HLC contact change to a different person they've really pushed the boat out and I can see why people say that they get things done, he's been excellent and more than willing to push things along, both on the Openreach side and also on Sky's side.

That is what I would have originally expected to happen.  :thumbs:

Perhaps the first person, to whom your complaint was assigned, was the "bad egg in the carton" or the "rotten apple in the barrel".  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »

Great result and certainly more in keeping with the HLC I know and love.  ;) :)

As we also know .... there are bags of free spare VDSL ports since the expansion, so the task should progress smoothly from here on in.

There, I've done it now.  ;D ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8