Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Malware?  (Read 7494 times)

bob.gas

• Reg Member
Re: Malware?
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2020, 02:30:39 PM »

Unfortunately, I'm with <a different bank>.  ::)

[Moderator edited to remove the name of the bank, as it is wise not to make that public knowledge.]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:36:40 PM by burakkucat »
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »

I find that the free version of Malware Bytes does a darned good job.

Other excellent free spyware removal tools that I can recommend you install and run are:

Super Anti Spyware

ADW Cleaner

Hitman Pro

Junk Removal Tool

In each case, install, update if prompted, then run the app's scanning process and let it deal with everything that it finds.

[I merely provide this as information for anyone browsing this topic who also has been infested with malware.]
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2020, 07:14:02 PM »

thank you for your input.

I already have Malwarebytes free, Superantispyware and used ADW.
Haven't tried the other two though, so will have a look into them thanks.

Bob
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 08:23:11 AM »

They are very powerful and effective tools - it's always worth running more than one scanner as they tend to find different issues, depending on how the programs have been written.

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 05:18:55 PM »

Many thanks everyone.
I'm sorted at last.
Robin (parkdale) ironically lives close to me, and kindly came and rectified the PC.
No more McAfee thank God, and Robin :)
He's now my go to PC guru ;)

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2020, 05:40:06 PM »

Glad you're all all sorted now... and were both out of the dog house now :fingers:
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »

They are very powerful and effective tools - it's always worth running more than one scanner as they tend to find different issues, depending on how the programs have been written.

I assume you mean one-off not realtime, as you should NEVER run more than realtime scanner as they will conflict with each other.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

Glad you're all all sorted now... and were both out of the dog house now :fingers:

:D :D

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »

I assume you mean one-off not realtime, as you should NEVER run more than realtime scanner as they will conflict with each other.

Yes, I thought that too.
I've decided to just use defender and not bothering with others unless i really need to.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2020, 07:20:21 PM »

Yes of course you are right, ADW, HitmanPro & JRT cleaners are only designed to scan on an as and when basis, they don't run in real time.

Personally I've used Comodo Internet Security Premium (the free version) for years and it's helped keep my system as clean as a whistle, I prefer to disable Windows Defender.

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »

I looked into Comodo some years agao, as the reviews were good.
But being a dummy, I didn't fully understand it.
I was using Avast with win XP then. :D

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 07:57:39 PM »

You don't really have to understand much with Comodo - it looks after itself mostly. It does also install the Comodo Dragon browser (a distant cousin of Firefox), which you can play with, or it's easy enough to uninstall the browser.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything