Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Windows 10 Version 2004 released  (Read 11103 times)

petef

• Reg Member
Re: Windows 10 Version 2004 released
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2020, 12:53:08 PM »

Have been avoiding the 2004 update on my main Ryzen-5, Win 10 Home, desktop PC for weeks, has remained optional until yesterday when it decided to install itself and was awaiting a restart to complete.

Having completed the installation, started to look for the unwanted side effects which MS invariably incorporate for free.

First observation, signing in to my RPi's via VNC, 2 on local network, 2 remotely, request passwords every time even though the "remember PW" boxes are ticked, was not the case previously, only had to supply PW once or after any configuration changes.
Win network & sharing settings have been checked, nothing has changed from pre update.

Hardly fatal but annoying, any ideas on how to restore previous VNC/RPi sign in procedure without uninstalling the Win 2004 update ?

You don't say which VNC client you are using. I prefer RealVNC but the point is that you could experiment with others.

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Windows 10 Version 2004 released
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2020, 12:56:46 PM »

Found a solution to the VNC PW not being remembered issue here:
https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004223231-VNC-Viewer-is-no-longer-remembering-my-passwords-

Used "Workaround 2", re-named the PW files, they are re-created again at first device login and are remembered.

"petef" reply while compiling this post acknowledged.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]