Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forum Update - 20/08/2020  (Read 11348 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Forum Update - 20/08/2020
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 09:44:26 PM »

I've tried to keep up with the really important stuff and security updates but I'm afraid anything cosmetic and mail is miles behind.  The more observant will notice I've only just started to be able to use capitals this past week and have months of physio ahead.   That said I don't the banner script is related to this as its been out of action for a few months.   Please bear with me when it comes to the banner script which needs a total re-write.

Don't fret it then, we can live with the odd 10 second delay, just thought it important to note in case its a sign of something failing at the host.

What exactly is the banner script supposed to do, is that to activate the ads?  Could possibly take a stab at it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 12:27:54 AM »

The banner ad is just a rotating script.   

Re the slowness,  I don't think its anything to do script-wise as aside from the update the last week there's been nothing new.   If it was the update then I'm sure there would be complaints on the SMF forum.   The only thing I did see on SMF forum is that it recommended splitting off large threads which I did the other night in the games section

I havent seen anything here..  aside from when making one post there was a slight delay of no more than 2 secs.  Next few posts were fine again.
Server load is good.     However I am aware that Vidahost is no more and been taken over by GoDaddy.   When I was with Vidahost they put in direct peering (as a favour) for me with most of the UK ISPs - but that has now gone.  My hosting annual fees are this next month, but I am in no position to even start thinking swapping hosts right now.   Even if I did, I doubt that I would be able to afford similar and I'd take a step downwards.    I had an excellent relationship with Vidahost - they were great - but that era has passed.   With GoDaddy I'm just a little fish in a very large pond and if they ever do open the box they will realise the specs aren't quite what's on the tin...  or maybe they have done?  I'm certainly not about to ask.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »

@kitz Sorry to learn of your misfortune. You know I’m near if assistance needed happy to help in any way.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

The banner ad is just a rotating script.   

Re the slowness,  I don't think its anything to do script-wise as aside from the update the last week there's been nothing new.   If it was the update then I'm sure there would be complaints on the SMF forum.   The only thing I did see on SMF forum is that it recommended splitting off large threads which I did the other night in the games section

I havent seen anything here..  aside from when making one post there was a slight delay of no more than 2 secs.  Next few posts were fine again.
Server load is good.     However I am aware that Vidahost is no more and been taken over by GoDaddy.   When I was with Vidahost they put in direct peering (as a favour) for me with most of the UK ISPs - but that has now gone.  My hosting annual fees are this next month, but I am in no position to even start thinking swapping hosts right now.   Even if I did, I doubt that I would be able to afford similar and I'd take a step downwards.    I had an excellent relationship with Vidahost - they were great - but that era has passed.   With GoDaddy I'm just a little fish in a very large pond and if they ever do open the box they will realise the specs aren't quite what's on the tin...  or maybe they have done?  I'm certainly not about to ask.

I know what you mean, I'm with BHost and they were taken over by someone else.  I'm locked into BHost pricing, a comparable VPS with the new owner would cost conserably more, so I totally appreciate the cost alone, never mind the hassle of moving the content.

Quite frankly for the minor annoyance of the odd lag, I think we can live with it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 06:58:50 PM »

Have noticed a general slow down on the forum, in particular, delay in site comming up to sign in page from desktop URL (Win 10) and delay in producing a post preview, not always delayed but happens most times, certainly appears slower that it used to be.

Please note, this is not a criticism in any way, purely constructive observations, the site is still without doubt the best of it's kind and my thanks very much goes to kitz and the moderators for their dedicated service.

Also, very best wishes to kitz for a swift and full recovery from her current issues. 
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 02:00:54 PM »

The only issue I have found is now tapatalk is telling me I am not logged in O_o.

But then I tried to post and it worked, and I still have functional check for new posts etc.

Bear in mind tho I am on an ancient version of the tapatalk app as the latest versions have been morphed into something intolerable so it might just be a bug because of that.

I have the same issue on another forum as well, so I think its down to me using the ancient build of the app. :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything