Broadband Related > Known Network Issues + MSO's

BT Edinburgh exchange outage

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Astonishing storms lightning torrential rain and flooding in the Edinburgh area and a major exchange is down. All my four Andrews and Arnold links appeared down early this morning and are still down - auto-switched over to 3G.

see https://aastatus.net/36746

j0hn:
I'm a few miles South of Edinburgh.

I've never seen thunder and lightning like it before.
The flooding is horrendous in some parts with the A68 road practically disintegrating at parts.

Thankfully my FTTP install is still going ahead today with only a slight delay from an A.M to a P.M install.
I was anticipating my install being cancelled due to last night's rain but the engineer has txt to say he's still coming  :)

22over7:
From about 20 past 4pm, Morningside Edinburgh BT-dependents got the internet again.

It's eye-opening how much I've been dependent on the internet.

The storms were rather lovely. In a wild kind of way.

I remember as a child the comfort of
being under an eiderdown (/duvet), while the rain lashed at the windows.

In Edinburgh, some 7(?) years ago, there was the time cars were floating in
Balcarres Street. I remember photographing the water lapping at my neighbours air-bricks.
And the torrents flowing into my back garden.

Weaver:
The internet came back on at around 15:40 UTC yesterday. I had been on 3G (auto-failover) all day. In the early morning, some machine somewhere started downloading something after the failover and it spent an hour downloading flat out, at a low speed. This happened  before I woke up, and it racked up a 3G bill of about £17.  >:(  So we had internet via 3G and 4G all day but we had to ration our usage in order to keep the bill from getting truly horrendous.

Weaver:
Amazing hole in the A68 :

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version