Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: All dsl lines down after midnight this am  (Read 1163 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
All dsl lines down after midnight this am
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:32:34 AM »

All dsl lines went down simultaneously at around 00:42 UTC and back up at 01:06. My USB 3G ‘dongle’ NIC which was plugged into my Firebrick router had ‘disappeared’ which is either a bug in the NIC or in the Firebrick, so the switchover to 3G failed. I’m pretty disgruntled about that and complained to AA, who supplied the dongle, about it. This has happened a few times since I’ve had it. I can see on AA’s clueless.aa.net.uk control server that the dongle had disappeared some while before. I rebooted the Firebrick which was probably overkill, and that brought the dongle back to life.

I’m assuming the loss of DSL was either BT or AA up to no good. AA is not reporting any maintenance.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
Re: All dsl lines down after midnight this am
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »

I was wrong. There was something that had been reported on AA’s aastatus website which had come from BT but was total gibberish to me. AA pointed me to it this morning when I asked about the outage.

COVID Break fix - Timos upgrade to R15.0r15-1 The above change has been completed. Please be aware the actual end of the work may not match the time you receive this email. If the work was fully completed, you will receive no further updates. If the work was only partially completed, you may receive a fresh Change notification at a later date. If the work was fully rolled-back, or not deployed you will be re-advised if work is to be rescheduled for your services. If this change has failed to incident further notifications will follow via BT\'s incident process.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:14:43 PM »

A quick Googling seems to suggest its the OS of Nokia core network equipment.

I see some older posts by AAISP that were clearer about past updates https://aastatus.net/33514

I can't see your specific event on that status site though.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:18:24 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »

Alex it seems I was wrong about where I read that maintenance warning. It was a ‘relevant to your area’ warning that was showing in the AA clueless.aa.net.uk customers’ control server. My apologies for the confusion.