Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Another G.INP Question  (Read 688 times)

art37

Another G.INP Question
« on: July 23, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »

Overnight, G.INP has been applied to my FTTC line. As my router shows that it is connected to an Infineon 13.2.6 DSL Exchange, then I am assuming that my cabinet is an ECI model.

For some months, my line has had INP applied to it. Every few weeks, the DLM removes INP and there is an increase to the downstream speed for a few days before INP is re-applied.

G.INP has recovered the lost downstream speed with SNRs of 7D/6U. Will the new speeds of 62.9D/18.4U (with INP turned on) become the new norm or can I expect the DLM to keep turning INP Off and On?

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Another G.INP Question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

G.INP is being trialled on some lines on the ECI cabinets.

No idea how looking it will last. The trial end date is unknown.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

art37

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 07:03:30 PM »

Thanks. It is looking pretty stable at the moment so I hope that the trial works. I guess replacing ECI cabinets with Huawei is no longer part of Openreach’s strategy.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »

They never actually announced it was.

The only thing that ever happened was an advert was spotted looking for workers to swap ECI DSLAM's with Huawei DSLAM's.

It was only circa 200 cabinets being replaced if I recall correctly.

OpenReach responded to questions about this saying they had no plans to replace any Vendors kit on a large scale.

edit: found link about it

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/06/openreach-uk-could-replace-eci-fttc-broadband-cabinets.html

Quote from: OpenReach
We’re constantly working on ways to upgrade and extend our network but we have no immediate plans to swap out fibre cabinets on any significant scale
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

anything