Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wow, what an awful article  (Read 1159 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Wow, what an awful article
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:53 AM »

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/insights/articles/new-tech-promises-faster-internet-connection-no-matter-where-you-2007.html

I particularly love:

In the UK, G.fast is seeing mass adoption. British ISP Openreach and its partners are deploying G.fast widely. Still, it's possible that American ISPs may yet embrace it as an inexpensive way to bridge the gap between fiber on the street and the home.

There is so much wrong with that one sentence, apart from Openreach not being an ISP the fact that G.fast is utterly useless in most US environment as distance to the cabinet would be far too great.  Their current use to connect apartment buildings makes much more sense as presumably they can use the whole spectrum that way, not having to section off other DSL frequencies.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Wow, what an awful article
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 01:23:03 PM »

Perhaps someone should tell the author of that article it's been pretty much quietly dropped in the UK.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Wow, what an awful article
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:43:10 PM »

Honestly I had to double check the date, it sounded like an article that might have been written 5-10 years ago.

I frequent other forums, DOCSIS 3.1 is hardly rare even in the US.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything