Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "CodeLook" Oddity  (Read 3199 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
"CodeLook" Oddity
« on: July 06, 2020, 01:56:43 AM »

There's something odd going on with codelook, my cabinet is showing "FTTC Available from 20th December 2019, some with 18/2M product" which is clearly wrong.  That may however be the date the Huawei extension went live.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: "CodeLook" Oddity
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 01:03:02 PM »

I thought I'd look up the CodeLook site, haven't been on there for a while.

I noticed something odd in my area. I'll attach the image.

Until I just looked now all the cabinets, except a BDUK cabinet, was ECI.

Now when I look at it, there is a term Phase Incremental Build, and now lists the cabinet as Huawei. This as been done in 5 cabinets.

Does this mean they are swapping out ECI cabinets for Huawei ones?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »

Lots of work in progress? Also I have noticed the 300Mb speed! from the cab?
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »

As ADSL is being phased out... 18/2 is the replacement? :fingers:
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »

300 MB probably means the checker thinks Virgin Media is present

18/2 was a trial that OR ran a few years ago. See https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/05/openreach-bt-stops-taking-new-customers-18mbps-fttc-trial.html

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 03:57:28 PM »

My own cabinet also shows Phase Incremental Build, it  was an ECI, and then a Huawei twin was installed, not been past it in the last few weeks but last time I did it was still an ECI cab.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »

I'm wondering if they are Huawei add on pods, if that is possible on an ECI cabinet?

I found an older version of me copying the chart and it looks like more people are connected to the cabinets than there is now, and most of the ones showing the Phase Incremental Build might have exceeded the number of connections available on the ECI cabinet.

When I compare the 2 images there is a lot more people connecting to the cabinets these days.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 10:35:35 PM »

Looked up my area and there is also quite a lot of "Phase Incremental Build             Huawei ".
Previously all cabs (bar a couple of BDUK) were ECI's

I refer to my post from Jan this year here & here when I noticed Openreach had been very busy installing what were previously g.fast pods on to the sides of several PCPs.

My cab is the only one though that says

FTTC Available from 1st February 2020      Phase VDSL Sidepod             Huawei
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 10:42:52 PM »

I'm wondering if they are Huawei add on pods, if that is possible on an ECI cabinet?

The pods are added to the side of the PCP - not the ECI cab - and look like the g.fast pods.
This is mine - I'm on an ECI dslam,  but according to the records its a Huawei Phase VDSL Sidepod

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:47 PM »

The pods are added to the side of the PCP - not the ECI cab - and look like the g.fast pods.
This is mine - I'm on an ECI dslam,  but according to the records its a Huawei Phase VDSL Sidepod

Where did you find out information about the sidepod?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »

See post above - reply #7
-----

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »

Every cabinet in my village now has a ECI and a Huawei cabinet demand is high were I live as adsl is 2mb.

My cabinet according to codelookup passes 378 premises and has a large Huawei and a ECI cab, if it was just extra capacity why install a large Huawei?

Seems to follow a pattern as the smaller areas have a small Huawei and the larger a big Huawei they all have enough capacity to support all lines on just the Huawei.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 11:15:22 PM »

There may or may not be some connection with the following topics --

"ECI To Huawei" in which both j0hn and a certain kuroneko were interested to see a "top hat" fitted to a pre-existing cabinet, which contains an ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 DSLAM (MSAN). The second image in Reply #8.

"What has happened to this cabinet", in particular the latter posts by CarlT and Black Sheep making reference to Subtended Head Ends (SHE).

"Presentation given to NetMcr, 9th January" by CarlT.

Try joining the dots . . . one picture that might be seen is the concept of pushing a fibre head-end out further from an exchange building, thus giving more scope to encompass end-users with a GPON based FTTP service.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

FTTP is being installed via subtended side pods, just FYI. I know of both Nokia and Huawei pods having been installed with OLTs in them.

The side pods can, I think, handle both VDSL and FTTP boards simultaneously so perfectly possible to have any mix and match, within the 2 board limit of the chassis, of VDSL, G.fast (unlikely now) and FTTP.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »

My own cabinet also shows Phase Incremental Build, it  was an ECI, and then a Huawei twin was installed, not been past it in the last few weeks but last time I did it was still an ECI cab.

Had a look at my cabinets Saturday, no change, just the same two FTTC cabinets and PCP
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D
Pages: [1] 2

anything