Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dropped connection Zen Fibre  (Read 636 times)

adamskiodp

• Just arrived
Dropped connection Zen Fibre
« on: June 30, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »

Hi folks. I hope you are all well and safe.

I’m currently getting dropped connections and wondered if it could be my internal wiring? Just wanted to check before I get BT out and pay a fortune  :(

The router is currently plugged into the BT Master socket which is actually a spur from the main socket (where the drop cable enters the house). I know it sounds mad but that’s what the last BT engineer did as the main socket is in the hallway but all my computer stuff is in another room

I’ve attached the line stats from the Zen supplied router if that helps.

TIA

Adam
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:00:33 PM by adamskiodp »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Dropped connection Zen Fibre
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:12:41 PM »

If BT extended the master socket then everything before it is their problem.

The only thing usually to look out for is if you have any phone extensions from the master socket, make sure the bell wire is disconnected. (I forget which one it is, I'm sure its mentioned somewhere on this site)

If you have a filtered master socket then Its easier to test if you have a plug-in microfilter and so can remove the screws and the filter off the master socket and use that plug-in one instead.  I had to do that recently as my master socket filter stopped working.

You certainly are connecting well below what you should be, though I can't see any obvious reason why from those stats.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

adamskiodp

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:32:48 PM »

Thanks Alex.

Had repeated disconnections last night. Turned router off for ½ an hour at 10pm and have had a solid connection since 10.30pm last night. See new stats below

Thanks again

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »

The only thing usually to look out for is if you have any phone extensions from the master socket, make sure the bell wire is disconnected. (I forget which one it is, I'm sure its mentioned somewhere on this site)

Usually Green on connection 3

Edited to correct the quote syntax - roseway
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:29:02 PM by roseway »
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

anything