Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: iphone 7  (Read 2103 times)

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
iphone 7
« on: June 27, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »

A friend has recently received a reconditioned iphone 7 and is having trouble unlocking phone. 

THe phone is going into auto-lock and it is proving difficult to unlock.  The sleep/wake up button doesn't appear to working correctly as wake up button needs to be held down for a period of time..  The first attempt to turn by holding down button until apple logo appeared was successful.  Subsequent attempts did not and required two buttons to be pressed, sound and wake up button (this may have of course been purely coincidental)

I am not an iphone user but would imagine that to unlock phone the wake up button just needs to be pressed and not held down?

I am aware that unlock feature can be turned off, but this would stop phone going to sleep.

Any suggestions on how to turn phone on more easily?

Thank you

gom

speedyrite

Re: iphone 7
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »

By sleep/wake up button, do you mean the button on the right hand side near the top?

If so, try pressing the “home” button (on the front near bottom of screen) to wake the phone - hopefully that works to bring the phone back on!

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am referring to the button on right side of phone. 

The 'home' button does work most of the time but phone is shutting down from time to time and need to press right hand button + lower sound button, on left hand side, to switch back on.   Don't know why phone is randomly shutting down.

gom

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 11:29:00 PM »

I have a iPhone 6.
Re home button, I would say a 'None Apple button' has been put in, it maybe had a new screen and home button, I have not long fitted a genuine Apple one on mine as I know some of the cheaper ones from ebay are rubbish and do not work well .

Pressing right hand and sound button should reboot it.

Has he checked for new any new updates ?

Could be a 'Faulty App' that's causing it to shut down.

Maybe a loose battery connector

Who reconditioned it, a firm or ?.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:16:55 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »

Thanks for information.

I don't know who reconditioned phone but imagine it would be a firm. 

I will check updates.

gom

anything