Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: S/n setting on Voyager 210  (Read 2738 times)

Cushie

• Just arrived
S/n setting on Voyager 210
« on: July 18, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »

I would like to adjust the S/N via the router using v8 of of the DMT tool ( http://dmt.mhilfe.de/ )
The guide suggests ' Enabling the Hidden 5th Tab to change your Target SNR ' but when I click the blank tab I get a beep but no new tab opens.  Is there some config I have missed? Any help would be appreciated.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: S/n setting on Voyager 210
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »

Hi and welcome.

I'm not absolutely clear whether DMT is fully functional with the Voyager 210, as it isn't listed on the DMT site. Apart from that, if you've followed the advice here to enable the 5th tab, then I'm afraid I have no idea. Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:09:45 PM »

The Voyager 210 should work with DMT v8
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Cushie

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »

Thanks Roseway & Kitz, had great success with DMT v8, found the instruction to release the 4th tab and successfully increased my sync speed by more than   33% and it has remained steady for 4 days continually.

I have no 'bit' errors but see some HEC and some OCD errors.  Should I be concerned by these?

I still have a S/N =9 and I wonder if I could shave that even more to increase the speed speed.
Is there anything I can do at this stage to encourage my ISP to re-rate my line to this new speed?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »

>> successfully increased my sync speed by more than   33% and it has remained steady for 4 days continually.

Good stuff.  :)

>> but see some HEC and some OCD errors.  Should I be concerned by these?

Your line should be able to cope with a certain amount..  a problem can occur if it starts racking up 100's over a short period of time.

>> I still have a S/N =9 and I wonder if I could shave that even more to increase the speed speed.

There is only so low that you can go with DMTtool since it works on a %. 

>> Is there anything I can do at this stage to encourage my ISP to re-rate my line to this new speed?

Once its been stable for a while at the new SNR - you can but try.. and could always contact them saying that its been fine by you manually adjusting the target SNR on your router and that its been fine for x period of time so could they get BTw to adjust it.  Enta ISPs are normally ok about this. (unlike some others).
Hopefully though if the line is stable the DLM should do it itself, but how long it can take is up for debate, and it also seems to depend on how many errors your line is reporting.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Cushie

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »

Many thanks , Kitz, great encouragement and what a fine piece of software!
After being shut down for a few days my sync speed was just about the lowest I've seen, so after firing up DMT v8 I took advantage of the full range of adjustment and got my old speed back.  Now to tackle the ISP.

Your help and encouragement gratefully received.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 12:47:53 AM »

yw.

>> Now to tackle the ISP.

Good luck - let us know.
If you have any problems you could try giving James a poke..  as he's normally pretty good at requesting reductions from BTw
-----

anything