Announcements > ISP Offers & Deals

Sky FTTP Ordered

(1/8) > >>

niemand:
Just to let folks know after a long set of phone calls I have been able to sign up to Sky FTTP.

It is not easy but it's not quite impossible. Don't think they want to be selling at scale yet.

j0hn:
I've tried a couple times but they insist FTTP isn't available at my property.

I'm guessing they are keeping this to specific trial areas.

Out of interest what number did you call?

busterboy:

--- Quote from: CarlT on June 20, 2020, 01:15:18 PM ---Just to let folks know after a long set of phone calls I have been able to sign up to Sky FTTP.

It is not easy but it's not quite impossible. Don't think they want to be selling at scale yet.

--- End quote ---

Is it a secret or may I ask what speed have you ordered with them.

niemand:
They only offer superfast and ultrafast - 80 and 160.

They might be missing some cablelinks to new OLTs. They already had one to mine as it also handles cabinets.

Just called the number the website provided when I tried to order Sky Broadband there.

niemand:

--- Quote from: j0hn on June 20, 2020, 02:05:48 PM ---I've tried a couple times but they insist FTTP isn't available at my property.

I'm guessing they are keeping this to specific trial areas.

Out of interest what number did you call?

--- End quote ---

Okay more complete response as I'm at a computer not a mobile device for a change.

There are no trial areas - they'll sell it wherever they've a Cablelink to the OLT serving the property. If you're on a new Nokia build or perhaps, far less likely though I suppose not impossible, an area where the OLT is a Huawei with no cabinets on it so no previous Cablelink that might explain it.

I called two different numbers.

0333 759 4255 and 0330 041 3000.

After failed attempts to order via both of those I was promised and received a callback from 0800 761 3362. This also failed and the agent escalated as he queried whether it was an issue on his side as some agents are unable to complete the order journey. At this time I was also in contact with a member of Sky's engineering management who confirmed 100% that there was a 10G Cablelink to the OLT serving me. No surprise as it had a bunch of BDUK cabinets hanging off it.

I received a call from another member of staff at Sky who repeated the process and it worked.

It's very much in pilot phase and they clearly would prefer to not take on too many customers as they're still mid-way through getting it ready but it does exist.

I was very, very impressed that they called me back when they said they would, twice. Certain other companies I could name getting a callback from them when they promise one is about as likely as being struck by lightning while hiding in a basement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version