Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'Provisioned incorrectly'  (Read 1135 times)

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
'Provisioned incorrectly'
« on: May 29, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »

Having checked my modems I noticed that PlusNet are capping my connections to 40 Mbps, my contract ends next week so I thought I would get it resolved and then renew .... although I am now thinking about switching to Zen.

I asked them why they were doing this and they said 'we're not, we don't have a 40 Mb service' but when they tested my line they said 'your line has been provisioned incorrectly' which results in it being limited to 40 Mbps down.

Can anyone explain what an 'incorrect provisioning' is?

Anyway, in typical PlusNet fashion their support team said they had fixed the problem and closed the case when in reality nothing has changed and the cap is still in place. I waited an hour to speak to someone in their Techncial Team this morning and gave up, I guess COVID related, although Zen support picked up the phone immediately today.

PlusNet connection and speed has been great, as long as you never need any support they are fine .....

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: 'Provisioned incorrectly'
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »

It simply means the product has been incorrectly setup and supplied, odd that it appears to be 40/20 though, although PN used to sell a 40/20 service long ago, it's not a package that BT. Wholesale used to sell.

Changing provider should fix it anyway, so if changing its nothing to worry about.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 07:47:43 AM »

Off I go to Zen!  I'll have two lines to Zen now which will be interesting to compare.

I wonder if I should swap my two Zyxel 8924 router-modems with the two Fritz!Box 7530 I will have, hmmmm

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »

I just converted my Fritzbox to an Access Point with OpenWRT on it.

Its a shame the modem is unsupported as it would have been interesting to compare it to the HH5a and Zyxel.

I'd be especially curious if it works as well as the HH5a seeing as the Frizbox is a newer Lantiq modem, but without the downstream SNR tweaking ability on OpenWRT, it would be worse for me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:52:40 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything