Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Un-Blocking Mobile Phones  (Read 12644 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Un-Blocking Mobile Phones
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »

I have a Nokia 1600 mobile with Tesco Mobile.I have made enquiries about getting it unblocked with them.As I have not topped up with more than £25 since I have had it they want £25 for unblocking it. :o.
I want to go with O2 ready for when I can get their broadband (£5 cheaper a month)
I have tried using one of the phone unblocking sites www.unlockitfree.com but it doesn't work.
Any ideas,if not I will get a cheap O2 PAYG handset.I don't want a phone with bells and whistles,just to be able to make a few calls and to keep it with me at all times while I'm home alone.
Just to add I was going to get one of those O2 simplicity sim cards for my phone,£15 a month for 200mins and 400 texts.Only 30 day contracts.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:23:15 PM by UncleUB »

J.Man

• Reg Member
  • When PC's couldnt get any worse there came Vista
Re: Un-Blocking Mobile Phones
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »

Have you been down the local market in the world reknowned East Street Market  :lol: unblocking phones should never be more than 10 pounds.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:15:18 AM »

Well J man my neice suggested trying our asian friends in the local market,she said about a tenner so.................. :)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:19 AM »

Phil, I have a mate who could probably do it for free for you, but unless you fancy making a trip up to Norwich...
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »

Well rather than pay to get my old phone un blocked I've ordered a new one.Its only a basic jobby but good enough for my needs.I am picking it up instore rather than it go missing up my back passage again  :-X. The shop is only 5 mins away so............

http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-as-you-go/sony-ericsson/t250i-silver/o2/pagcn/