Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wireless Headphones  (Read 5030 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Wireless Headphones
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »

Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts on these, having tried to decapitate myself for about the third time today I thought this may be the way to go. I'm watching the golf and surfing (its okay I'm a woman, we multitask ;)) I suffer from tinnitinus and find headphones a better option than turning the sound up on the telly.

scottiesmum

Re: Wireless Headphones
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »

Hello Yorkie,  I've had some Philips Cordless headphones for about three years now, and they are extremely useful .... they work up to 100 (now was it feet or meters  !!!!!! :'(    )   just tried them.........   it must be feet !!  from the base,  the only thing I don't like about these particular ones are that they are a bit large, when I replace them I will look for some smaller ones, which I couldn't find when I bought these.      The only thing I have to watch is loading the dishwasher with them on, as they tend to fall in  !!! :lol:   

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »

Women and wireless headphones don't seem to mix.
Yorkie won't take hers off properly and scottiesmum can't keep hers on properly.

So much for multitasking  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »

Duck terrine for supper me thinks  ........ :lol:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:08:54 PM »

Thanks scottiesmum, that was the impression I got that they were oversized, but its difficult to tell without seeing them side by side.

No danger of them falling into dishwasher, only one in this house and thats me.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »

Yorkie,I like yourself have tinnitinus and I am quite deaf.I have Sennheiser ones,they are quite expensive but are very good.Make sure you get 'noise cancelling' ones.When I use my walkman I use the Sony in ear type ones and find these very good,although a lot of people can't get on with them.Asda have Philips ones which are very reasonable.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »

I've got a pair of Sennheiser cordless headphones too and the sound quality is excellent, not too heavy and very comfortable on the ears even after long periods. The ears don't get hot and sweaty. The pads unclip very easly for cleaning but they do stay on well when refitted

They last many hours on a charge although as they use rechargeable aaa batteries you can very easly pop a normal pair of batteries in if you get caught out

The only down sides are if the headphones are sat on the charging stand correctly then I can loose proper contact with the recharging so I sit them a bit further in front when on the stand.

The other problem is the hinges creaked badly although I found moisturiser  to be the best cure!

and the only minor thing is it's easy to accidentaly nudge the tuning wheel so losing contact with the base station until you give an adjustment to retune.

The down bits aside I'm very happy with them

There the second ones listed from the bottom on this link http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=13228&FromMenu=y&doy=14m7&MenuName=Sennheiser

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:57:01 AM »

I will look at the  Sennheiser headphones when mine give up the ghost ....I've heard only good reports about them ..  my Philips
headphones work in the same way with triple A  rechargeable batteries but ordinary ones will do,  the only downside is as I said they are a bit cumbersome. I can't complain because I didn't pay for them, we bought several items and I asked for them as a freebie  ...  I was a bit surprised when they said yes  !!!  :)